Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Songs during Ceremony?

Just wondering if anyone else is picking song choices for their processional and recessional and having as hard of a time picking as me?! I just feel like I can't pick what I want knowing that only about 30 seconds of each song will only be heard and I want it to be meaningful and special to me and DF.  I change my mind every day, but right now I am leaning towards:

Processional (Bridesmaid) Maybe I'm Amazed- Vitamin String Quartet version of Wings song

Recessional (Right after we kiss and exit)- This Must be the Place- The Talking Heads

My dad said he doesn't get the recessional song because he thought it should be something more energetic and happier/party sounding to get everyone going, but I really like the song, so not sure how to incorporate it...

What is everyone else thinking for their songs? :)

Re: Songs during Ceremony?

• Options
    The processional song I'm using is Kimbra's "Settle Down" and the recessional is Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours".  I would really like to use "At Last" for our recessional but my fiancé thinks it isn't upbeat enough.  I'm trying to figure out how it will all work so we can play all or most of the songs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that we are going to use "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper and Sarah McLachlan for our processional and "I Want to Be With You Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac for the recessional.
  • Options
    I had Claire De Lune for guests entering, Canon in D for processional and Hall & Oates You make my Dreams Come True for the recessional. I ended up not even paying attention to the songs, can't even remember hearing them,  they were played though!
  • Options

@Spoon1984, you just read my mind- right after I posted this, You Make My Dreams came in my head and I remembered that the fiancé loves them, so this is now a contender! But its funny you don't remember hearing them- I guess I am making it a bigger deal for music in my head than it needs to be! LOL

• Options
    Everything is such a big deal beforehand though, then you wonder why all the worry but at the same time miss all the planning! I must have been concentrating on breathing in, walking straight and tall and looking smiley for the photos!
  • Options
    We picked out our own and did: Processional: Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper and Sarah McLaughlin, From This Moment (Instrumental) By Shania Twain for ceremony, and for the Recessional did The Love Actually Version of The Beatles, All You Need Is Love. 
  • Options
    I just sent in our music this week, it is so incredibly nerdy, and very us. Our processional is Concerning Hobbits from LOTR, my entrance is Leaving Hogwarts from Deathly Hallows Pt. 2, ceremony is Vitamin String Quartet's version of A Thousand Years (I've never seen Twilight, I originally heard it on Glee), and our recessional is the Throne Room/End Title from Star Wars Ep. 4

I felt like I was making a way bigger deal out of them than I needed, but my friends kept reassuring me that it is important because you want it to be a beautiful, memorable experience for the both of you. Even though I'm fully expecting to not hear them like spoon1984 said lol. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Vitamin String Quartet is a group that covers popular songs with a classical twist. Search spotify for them. TONS of great stuff that sounds familiar, yet formal. Could be something for a processional or recessional. I'm planning on using a mix of songs for when guests are arriving.
  • Options
    @JenniSurf- I totally thought about Throne Room/End Title for our recessional because we are kinda nerdy as well and I think FI would get a kick out of it....I guess I have time to really decide, LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards