Snarky Brides

Out of Town Bridemaids

Ok, so I had 2 bridesmaids, now down to one. The Bridemaid who backout, did so because she'll be 9 months preggers the day of the wedding ( date is April 5 2014, her due date is the 1st) so totally understandable, and while she's no longer standing up there, shes offered to still help out which is awesome. The other bridesmaid lives way out of town and was in town last month to shop for dresses, we found a few we loved, but she's  super busty and may need to get a dress made. Now, over a  month has passed since she left and I haven't heard anything. I texted her and I have messaged her a few times via facebook, and she sees the messages but has yet to respond. Now, the wedding is just shy of 7 months out and I still have no clue yet what she is doing for a dress.. should I be concerned or just wait and see what happens? (I will phone her shortly, I just don't want to come off as a naggy bridezilla, so I'm trying to tread lightly)

Re: Out of Town Bridemaids

• mamashrub said:
    Ok, so I had 2 bridesmaids, now down to one. The Bridemaid who backout, did so because she'll be 9 months preggers the day of the wedding ( date is April 5 2014, her due date is the 1st) so totally understandable, and while she's no longer standing up there, shes offered to still help out which is awesome. The other bridesmaid lives way out of town and was in town last month to shop for dresses, we found a few we loved, but she's  super busty and may need to get a dress made. Now, over a  month has passed since she left and I haven't heard anything. I texted her and I have messaged her a few times via facebook, and she sees the messages but has yet to respond. Now, the wedding is just shy of 7 months out and I still have no clue yet what she is doing for a dress.. should I be concerned or just wait and see what happens? (I will phone her shortly, I just don't want to come off as a naggy bridezilla, so I'm trying to tread lightly)
    She still has plenty of time to order the dress, even if it needs alterations.
  • ok, every where I read they say  that the bridemaids dresses should be finalized and ordered by this time (including the checklist on this website) so I was wondering if I should be concerned or not :)
  • Nah, not yet. Could you give her the option of a color, fabric, and perhaps a length, and tell her to go pick out a dress?
  • Oh that's been done.. Colbalt/Royal Blue, knee length, and what ever faric she's comfortable in. She's gonna be in this all day, I just want her to be comfy.
    And for her too look amazing, of course :)
  • Then I'd let it go. She'll find something, she has plenty of time.
  • I wouldn't worry about it - she still has plenty of time. BM dresses generally take less than 6 months to come in - plus, since she's the only BM and thus matching isn't an issue, she can just get something at a department store, online, etc.
  • Stick around here/ask about real deadlines. They want to get your money as quick as they can, so don't worry about getting the dress rightthissecond.
  • I was just in a couple of weddings. I didn't get the dress back from one of the companies until 6 weeks out. I got it altered in 1 week. If your wedding is 7 months out, it sounds like it will also be a slow season for alterations, so another plus for not worrying. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'll be in a wedding in mid-November and I don't have my dress yet. It's picked out but shelling out the $170 has been less than my top priority right now.

Anniversary

• She has plenty of time.
  • I think maybe 2 of my 5 BMs have gotten a dress, not my job to stress, I guess if their dress turns out to be from kmart the night before....well, we'll all look stupid won't we?

• If she's the only bridesmaid she could go to the mall and find a dress the week before the wedding. I wouldn't stress about ordering one too much, especially if there's no one else she needs to "match" with.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks Ladies, Much Appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards