Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon help! Suites w/ plunge pool or outdoor shower

My FH and I would are looking into honeymoons, with a little less budget than we thought. Ideally we would like to keep it around $6000-$7000 for a week, including hotel, flights, food. We are looking for something very romantic, beach, but with things to do still. We want to go somewhere neither of us have been, so the usuals of Mexico, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Hawaii and Puerto Rico are out.

Ideas???

Re: Honeymoon help! Suites w/ plunge pool or outdoor shower

• Check out St. Lucia- Ladera, Ti Kaye are two that come to mind. Also, Antigua- Cocobay or Galley Bay have pools.

Also, not sure of what time of year you are traveling, but Tahiti Tourisme is offering special airfare to "hidden paradise" islands and the resorts on those islands are offering breakfast and dinner daily. Check out Le Taha'a or Kia Ora Rangiroa. It may get too expensive if it's April-October, but 5-6 nights on one island using these specials might work! I'm actuall heading to both Rangiroa and Taha'a in October with the special!

• @jells2dot0 I was thinking about Ladera - have you been? I am a little nervous about the reviews with bugs/animal in the rooms.

Check out St. Lucia- Ladera, Ti Kaye are two that come to mind. Also, Antigua- Cocobay or Galley Bay have pools.

Also, not sure of what time of year you are traveling, but Tahiti Tourisme is offering special airfare to "hidden paradise" islands and the resorts on those islands are offering breakfast and dinner daily. Check out Le Taha'a or Kia Ora Rangiroa. It may get too expensive if it's April-October, but 5-6 nights on one island using these specials might work! I'm actuall heading to both Rangiroa and Taha'a in October with the special!

• I have not been to Ladera, but I know many who have been. I've never heard a bad thing about it. Yes, it does have an open wall, but any standalone bungalow-type room opens itself up to critters and critters are everywhere in the tropics. I just recommend bringing bug spray in the chance that ou feel like you're getting bitten (not just in the room, but anywhere on the island) and soak up the amazing experience of having an open room with a great view!

• We stayed at Jalousie Plantation (now Sugar Beach) in oct 2010.  Just down the hillside from Ladera.  Private villas with plunge pools and outdoor showers.  Absolutely amazing honeymoon in every aspect.  The location is unreal - just between the two pitons!  Ladera uses Jalousie's beach - so its about a 15 minute taxi ride every time you want to go to the beach.  Hope this is helpful!
  • @jschmidt622. That resort looks AMAZING! It's so expensive though, any tips on getting discounts?
  • We did it for around $7000 for 10 days - so so so worth it - you wont regret it!  We booked directly through the hotel as there was construction going on during our stay and I wanted to be sure we were in a newly renovated room far away from any contruction.  I believe all the work is completed so it shouldnt be a problem for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards