New York-Long Island
Options

Fire Island Wedding?

Hi folks! I am looking to plan a wedding in June 2012 and just trying to look for ideas on where to have a ceremony on Fire Island. My fiance and I currently live in Oak Island, NC (he is originally from Long Island) so I have absolutely no idea what's out there. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am planning a simple intimate ceremony of about 20-30 ppl. I've looked into Kismet and Ocean Beach but if ya'll know of any other locations, please please let me know. I'm trying to organize some locations before I fly up in April to hopefully book a location. Thanks bunches!

Re: Fire Island Wedding?

• Options
    lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few things about Fire Island if you've never been...

-Everyone has to take a ferry there.  There are very few hotels on FI, and they are very expensive on the weekends.  They are very small.  Any hotels would have to be back on LI. The ferries are in Bay Shore, and there aren't many hotels there.  
    Parking at the ferry is also expensive.

-Restaurants in Ocean Beach would probably be available for a daytime wedding, probably not at night due to the nightlife of the town.  It is a huge bar scene.

-How big do you think your wedding would be? There's really only one or two big restaurants?  In Kismet, I thikn there are only two restaurants.

IF you want, you can PM me ---I know a lot about fire island!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's beautiful there, and Kismet is especially lovely.  The downsides are that food can be really expensive ON Fire Island, and it's a pain in the neck to bring a lot of food TO Fire Island...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most places on Fire Island won't host weddings during the season between Memorial Day and Labor Day, but if your dates are flexible in May or September -- there are a few options. 

In Ocean Beach: McGuire's, Mermaids, and Blue Water Grill all host larger 100+ weddings. For smaller groups, you can add the Hideaway, Bocce, and Castaways to the list.

In Ocean Bay Park, the hotel has weddings and will coordinate your ceremony on the beach as well.

Fire Island is an amazing magical place and would be great for a wedding.
    Hope this helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a wedding planner on Fire Island! Check out my website and please give me a call if you are still in need of information......I can absolutely help. http://www.fireislandweddings.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this is a little late, but I'm getting married in Fire Island in September in Ocean Beach.  Feel free to PM me if you have questions.  We're already squared away, so I have some  thoughts about it.
  • Options
    Hi I just saw that you might have a place that could host a intimate wedding?  I'm trying to plan a simple ceremony for my fiance and I and 10 other guests.  They are flying in from Italy, California and Korea so the ceremony is going to be very small.  Afterwards, we just want to have a nice meal.  Do you think you can help us?  We want to get married the weekend of October 27th.  Thank yoU!!

shosta.jinsky@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Can you give me the locations where you had the reception and ceremony?
  • Options
    I am not looking to get married for atleast two more years . I need information for beach wedding . i only need to stay about two days .
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_fire-island-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:a704cc07-acd7-4792-b176-f740defe9763Post:b50e7225-5977-4c45-8cd8-ebf67b2acc5c">Re: Fire Island Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there I just opened an upscale Full service Spa in Ocean Beach Are you still getting married on Fire Island? I addition I have an awesome Ocean front house that could host a small intimate affair I got married at the lighthouse Margaret Murphy 917-881-3149
    Posted by FireIslandSalonandSpa[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hi,</div><div>How did you like the light house wedding?</div><div>We are planning to get married next year september 8th, but we are still looking for the perfect reception site.</div><div>We love Bayview house, but the extra cost of the boat back and forth is a dealbreaker.</div><div>I really would love to keep the Lighthouse..</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm open to have it  at a villa that can accomodate up to 80-100 people. About half the wedding group plans to stay on the island for the weekend. do you know of any houses that big?</div><div>Thank you so much</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Hi! I saw on here you got married on fire island. I am very close to booking the fire island hotel on oct 11 2014. I'd love to talk to someone who's been married there before. Can you email me if you're willing to answer a few questions?? I would so appreciate it!!! Ewildermuth7@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards