Destination Weddings Discussions

Cruise Ship Wedding... HELP!

Please forgive me if there is already a thread started  asking for the same advice, I did go through 20 pages and couldn't find anything that stood out. We are thinking about getting married on a cruise ship (Norwegian or Carnival, most likely) to save money. We have big families and taking the wedding over seas is the only way to whittle down the guest list without leaving people out. Besides the fact that we love cruising. I am having some anxiety about it because I know it will mean giving up a lot of control. Can anyone give any insight to planning? How to start, how to find out who's interested without looking tacky but before sending out invites. And getting everyone to pay on time? Should I go through a travel agent so they can work out the details with each cruising guest regarding their cruise reservation? Any advice is welcome!

THanks!!!!!

Re: Cruise Ship Wedding... HELP!

• I too am having a destination wedding, we sent out save the dates and are kind of just talking to our friends and family frequently to see who plans on going. My dilemma is the reception and ceremony we are going on carnival and they seem limited. I want to treat them to a cocktail party and ceremony but the options seem limited. I'm calling in the next week or so to see if we can add on time. Our trip is to the Bahamas, hope this little info is helpful. I'm new as well but glad our cruise is already booked, now the hard part.
  • Thanks a bunch! I have read in many places that you need to book your cruise before they'll even talk wedding with you. That's so scary because you are committed to it before you know who will be coming.
  • Welcome!

I didn't do a cruise wedding (although we love cruising!) but I know that we got TONS of calls from folks asking about travel stuff. If you feel like it will be too much for you, then I would definitely figure something out with a travel agent. Then you can let that personal worry about everything and you don't have to keep following up with people or checking in to make sure things are set. 

We had a really small group (35~) come to our DW and even with that I felt overwhelmed at times trying to coordinate things and follow up with people. It was exhausting. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards