Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Venues without Time and/or Noise Restrictions

We are having trouble finding venues in Southern New England (preferably RI) that allow receptions longer than 5 hours and that do not have restrictions on how late music can be played.  

Any suggestions for venues that allow 5hr+ receptions and late night music?

Many Thanks!

Re: Venues without Time and/or Noise Restrictions

• Options
    loca4pookloca4pook member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited September 2013

Do you really want a reception to last longer than that? I think people are pretty used to leaving a reception around midnight or so. If you make it longer, you risk having nobody left at the end of the night. Keep in mind, parties that are TOO long, aren't always necessarily more fun, either...

Also, the day becomes long for you, and you will probably by more exhausted than you can imagine. If you have a party that last until 4 am, that's less alone time with you and groom at end of the night. Just something to consider.

There are also noise restrictions in most communities, so it might not be a venue issue as much as a city ordinance issue. That's why most concerts are forced to end at a certain time. IT's purely due to local ordinances.  If you REALLY want a venue to go all night, you might have to find something in a more rural area is my guess

• Options
    We are having trouble finding venues in Southern New England (preferably RI) that allow receptions longer than 5 hours and that do not have restrictions on how late music can be played.  

Any suggestions for venues that allow 5hr+ receptions and late night music?

Many Thanks!
    I don't think most receptions are longer than 5 hours.  Besides, as a guest, I'm pretty much ready to go home at that point.  Maybe you can find a bar or lounge where you can have an after party? 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.  My fiance is German, so we are integrating a lot traditional German elements into the wedding.  German receptions are generally about 8 hours because they include lots of games, skits, and other activities.  Although it seems like a long amount of time, people are constantly engaged so its not as boring as it may seem.  Because we are doing the wedding in the US, it is extra important that we make accommodations for these traditions (yet without sacrificing too many American ones).      

So, I am very confident that I want a reception longer than 5 hours and recognize that noise ordinances are difficult to circumvent in some locations.  So, suggestions on locations without strict noise ordinances would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again to all those who have contributed already. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards