North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hair and Make-Up, Kill Devil Hills

Hello - I am looking for any information or feedback anyone can give on a place to go or company to come to us for my wedding in May in Kill Devil Hills!
Thank you!!!
AudreyCool

Re: Hair and Make-Up, Kill Devil Hills

• Are you looking for a larger or smaller venue?  That will help us be able to provide you with better options.

A good resourse is the OBX Wedding Assoc. and click on the Vendors tab

http://www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org/

• We used the Sanderling for hair and make up. It was fantastic. Not in Kill Devil Hills, but worth the trip up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're using Bombshell's-she travels to you and does hair and make up.
  • I am using Bombshells because of the benefit of having her travel to us.  I have had my hair and makeup done at Hairoics in KDH and thought they did a great job!  So that could be another option for you.  Oh and they did tell me that if I had wanted to I could have brought in champagne and what not the day of the wedding.
  • We went with Hot Heads for hair and makeup. My wedding is in May as well. We visited their salon on the self-guided tour for the Wedding Expo and they were really nice, answered all my questions and just had a lot of overall feedback and ideas to give me. Their prices are good and I like that they do manicures and pedicures and are not just a hair salon. That way we can do nails and all the day before the wedding with the same people who will be doing our hair and makeup. They are in Kitty Hawk but will travel to you as well, which is what we are doing.
  • I'm using Diva's - we met them at the Expo and the girls were so fun to talk to and made me feel really comfortable, which is good since I'm self-concious. The prices weren't bad either :)
  • I used Glimmer and loved them!   They will come to us or you can go to them.  They were able to add on several bridesmaids at the last minute and they were AMAZING!  If I was rich I would hire them to be my full time glam squad!
  • For those of you who went with Hot Heads I have a quick question - did you bring your own makeup or did they provide it for you?

I have emailed them, but haven't heard back yet. 

• *bump* any more info on hot heads ladies?  I was going to do Diva's for nails...until they closed and my gift certificate I won is no good. Artistic Elegace can't handle everyone for nails... I have bombshell doing hair and make up.

• I'm getting married in May as well and using Bombshells. I really like the styles they have on the website and they have great reviews.
  • I am using Hot Heads for my wedding in less than 2 weeks!  I have a nail appointment there and their team is coming to our event home for hair & makeup services for me and all of my bridesmaids.  I will post a more detailed review after.. but so far they have been very easy to communicate with.  I believe they provide all makeup but I'm sure you can provide your own if you want something in particular.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards