Luxury Weddings

XP - Slideshow

What do you guys think of slideshows at weddings? Our venue has a nice setup where it basically projects pictures onto a backdrop behind the dance floor. It would just run on a continuous loop and be in the background so nobody would have to sit through watching it or anything. I was thinking of doing black and white pictures so it isn't real intrusive. The projector is up in the ceiling so it won't look like high school movie day or anything. LOL 

Any other ideas if you guys think this is dumb? Or any suggestions on how to make a nice slideshow if you think it's a good idea?

Re: XP - Slideshow

• It sounds like a cool design element (esp. in all B&W) since it will be in the background and not an official "show" that people have to watch.
  • Thanks. I put this on the reception ideas board too and they didn't seem too keen on the idea. It definitely wouldn't be something in your face that people have to watch. Just more like a design element like how when they project the couple's monogram in lights behind the dance floor, but pictures of us instead.

• Thanks. I put this on the reception ideas board too and they didn't seem too keen on the idea. It definitely wouldn't be something in your face that people have to watch. Just more like a design element like how when they project the couple's monogram in lights behind the dance floor, but pictures of us instead.

Yeah, I think this sounds cool.  I have been to restaurants/lounges that project old movies (with no sound) on the wall as a design element and it's a nice touch.
  • We did this at our rehearsal dinner. We had a ton of photos (75-100) and it some point everyone had seen all the photos, so we turned it off. It was a good conversation piece though. I think our wedding was too formal to have this at our actual reception. But I think it could be nice for a more informal affair.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have also seen it done at rehearsal dinners.  It seems more appropriate to play it there (to me).  I only saw it once at a wedding, and it was played as an actual "time to watch the show" portion of the dinner.  It felt awkward.  I like the backdrop idea.  I would probably stop it after the first hour, though.
  • What do you guys think of slideshows at weddings? Our venue has a nice setup where it basically projects pictures onto a backdrop behind the dance floor. It would just run on a continuous loop and be in the background so nobody would have to sit through watching it or anything. I was thinking of doing black and white pictures so it isn't real intrusive. The projector is up in the ceiling so it won't look like high school movie day or anything. LOL 

Any other ideas if you guys think this is dumb? Or any suggestions on how to make a nice slideshow if you think it's a good idea?

Not a fan of slideshows at weddings.  I think they are more suitable for a rehearsal dinner as PPs have mentioned.  I think if you want to show photos at a wedding, the most I would do is one of those digital frames near the guest book or whatever.
  • We're having a slideshow at our wedding. It'll just be on in the background also, so it's not like it'll be silent and everyone will just be watching it. I personally like them.
  • My venue is offering us a TV for a slideshow and I was planning on just running it in the background...probably near the gift/cake tables.  This way people will see it is there and they can choose to watch it if they want.  I have been to three weddings where they stopped everything to show a slideshow and although I find them cute, after the 15th picture most people were bored and starting talking to one another instead of paying attention to the show.

In short if you really like the idea then go for it, but don't allow it to take over the time people would be dancing, drinking and just enjoying the reception!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards