Latino Weddings
Options

Dollar Dance songs?

For those of you that are having one, what song are you going to use? There will be Mexican and Caucasian guests in attendance so im looking for maybe 1 Spanish and 1 English? Thanks!

Re: Dollar Dance songs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not having one, but I would say, pick songs that a lot of your guests will know.  People are in line and it is kind of down time, so if they are a popular song that people know I think it can be more fun!!  Good luck!!
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always heard a long cumbia being played. We're choosing 'La Gallina'  by Fito Olivares
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably just going to have our DJ pick some slow songs. He seems like he's got a pretty good idea of what to play for different parts of the reception.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • Options
    msventurmsventur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is an old wedding tradition. I'm definitely not going to have the Dollar Dance routine in my wedding.  I think that it is very "chuntarro y naco."  Fyi, I'm Salvadoran and fiancee is Mexican.  This was done back in the 90's, latin weddings need to move on and upgrade. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    msventur get off your high horse,  you pretty much insulted everyone who's commented. How about you show some class and show some manners.

vgmartinez, have fun at your wedding and cut a rug :)
  • Options
    kaest4kaest4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to have the dollar dance at my wedding- My family always has one when people get married.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah everyone still does the dollar dance around these parks...sheeeeeeesh....with the typical spanish music....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards