Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Time Off and Honeymoon Plans

I was reviewing my vacation time at work and if I take off my two weeks as planned I will barely get by next year with all the other trips we have planned!  I better not get sick!

So, I'm curious, what does everyone have planned?   How much time are you taking off and are you headed straight for your honeymoon from Vegas?  If so, where?

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

Re: Time Off and Honeymoon Plans

• Options
    I am taking a full week off for the wedding.  One day before we fly out, 6 days there, and then a day after we return.  Since we are getting married in November we are going to come back and enjoy the holidays.  We are going to take our honeymoon in February when the snow is flying and we need a break from winter.
  • Options
    I changed jobs just about a year ago so I will be getting my two weeks of holiday at the same time as our wedding. We are flying down on the Tuesday and flying home on the next Tuesday and only using a week of my holidays. We are then going to use my remaining week in February or March and got somewhere warm for our honeymoon.
  • Options
    I work 4 days a week , ill be taking 128hrs of leave so 4 of my work weeks. We are leaving the Wednesday before our Saturday wedding, flying home Monday, big party that next Saturday and we leave right from there for our 6 night honeymoon in Mexico!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am using a weeks vacation and will have to save for the rest. We plan on being in Vegas for a week and a half. We are doing our honeymoon in Vegas. 
  • Options
    I am hitting my 5 year anniversary at work 2 weeks after our wedding, so I am going to use probably 3-4 vacation days for our wedding, then come home, receive my extra 5 days of vacation and we will most likely use them a few months later for our honeymoon when we can figure out where we want to go and when (and will till have 7-12 days left after the wedding!)
  • Options
    I am in school, so I am only taking the week we are in vegas, and we will go on a honeymoon this summer for about a week
  • Options

I am going to be in Vegas for 5 days for the wedding then we come home to Vancouver for 2 days then head out to Hawaii for 12 days. I can't wait! 32 days till my wedding!!

• Options
    I get three weeks a year and can rollover some, so I'll have 4 weeks next year when we get married.  I plan to take off thurs-fri before our Saturday wedding and we're wanting to fly out on Tuesday for a 10 day honeymoon to (hopefully) Bora Bora, taking two weeks off after the wedding.  That still leaves me with 8 vacation days for holidays and a long weekend or two, the real iffy part is affording Bora Bora.  If we can't swing that we'll probably go to Jamaica or Mexico for the same amount of time, but we're hoping we can make it work because we know we'll never do it if we don't go for the honeymoon.
  • Options
    I took the month of July off, we were in the US for 3 weeks then back home for a week in the UK before going back to work. It seems we get more holidays from work, I get 8.5 weeks off a year.
  • Options
    We did two weeks start to finish for travel to vegas, wedding, honeymoon, return; no way my wife or I could have taken any more time off work.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I have just over three weeks off from work, as we're away during Easter, we save 2 days leave from the two holiday days for Good Friday and Easter Monday, so we will be booking 14 days off from work in total. 

We have 6 nights in Vegas, and then head straight out on our honeymoon for 2 weeks (road trip to San Fran via Yosemite, Santa Cruz and Napa). We get back to the UK on a Thursday so we have the Friday booked off work as well, and our home reception on the Saturday. The following Monday is also a national holiday so we get an extra bonus day off work. We planned it very well!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options
    I am traveling from NZ and will be in the US for 15 nights.

Three nights in California, six nights in Vegas for wedding, three nights for a motorcycle tour honeymoon, then another three nights back in old town Vegas.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We both took 8 days off work (M-F, M-W) and are traveling for 8 days (Mon-Tues), then have one day to recover before going back to work on Thursday. 
    My boss approved it back in February, then yesterday looked at me and said, "You're gone for HOW LONG?" 

We're waiting till January for a honeymoon. More vacation accrued + crappier weather to escape = better time in Cancun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards