November 2013 Weddings

Another quickie wedding story...

Just sharing... My beautiful rustic elegant Christmas wedding on 12-13-14 had to be cancelled due to unforeseen job and health circumstances.  We are now in the process of putting together a "surprise" wedding on 11-2-13...very close indeed!  Our guests think they are coming for an early Thanksgiving Dinner so our two families can get to  know each other better. We had to use an excuse important enough to get them here.  We are only having 25-30 people. We will actually be hosting a Murder Mystery Dinner where our real wedding will become part of the show. Surprise!  Although I miss my first wedding, I am committed to remembering that its not all about what you have, but who you have to share it with.  We are having so much fun sharing this big secret together.  I think we will be able to pull it off, but it will be an off the rack dress for me!!

Happy Planning Everyone!

Re: Another quickie wedding story...

• How fun! It sounds like it will be a very exciting occasion. Happy planning and dress hunting! 
  • This doesn't seem to be the greatest idea- what if someone important decides not to come because they think its an early thanksgiving dinner and okay to miss? I would be really hurt if I couldn't make it to your "dinner" and found out later it was your wedding.

Just my $0.02.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• i think that is a cool and creative idea...happy planning and dress hunting

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • I love it!!!!   What a wonderful, fun idea.  Congratulations.

I'm a 11-2 bride also. Only 7 weeks to go.
  • Yes, we did think of this situation.  Our guest list is strictly family and our children. (we are a couple in our 40's...second time around for both) Lots of siblings!  We are personally calling everyone and letting them know it will be catered so we need a "yes or no".  If anyone says no, then we must spill the beans to them and swear them to secrecy!! 
  • Congratulations WonderRed!  Wanna sell your dress??? lol  Enjoy your special day!

•   Our guest list is strictly family and our children. (we are a couple in our 40's...second time around for both)
    Us too!  Except this is my FI's first.   We're also doing only 30ish people and having a  fairly off beat, non traditional wedding.   

• Sounds like a great and fun idea!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I guess I just don't get it. If you're going to tell some people to be certain they come, why not just tell everyone?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• WonderRed said:

Our guest list is strictly family and our children. (we are a couple in our 40's...second time around for both)
    Us too!  Except this is my FI's first.   We're also doing only 30ish people and having a  fairly off beat, non traditional wedding.   

• WonderRed: Sorry my computer is freaking out.... 

You and your FI will have a blast!  I don't know about you, but I don't feel any stress...just excitement.  Smaller just works for us! 

• @button6004 I know...it's an odd situation.  There is only 2 people we would definitely have to tell because they live kind of far away. And like you said, we wouldn't want them to miss it.  Everyone else is right in the area.  We are a pretty tight family and always go to each other's events. I could totally see this not working if it were much bigger and involving friends and extended family. We emailed everyone and are just waiting on four more replies!  Everyone is on board!  Keep your fingers crossed!  No bean spilling!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards