Wedding Party

Re: .

• jalmontev said:
    So...my Matron of Honor. She is one of my best friends and I have known her for over 10 years. Naturally, I chose her to stand with my sister as one of my MOH. I just had my bachelorette party last weekend, well...not really...because she ended up ruining it. She decided to bring in beef that she was having with another bridesmaid (who actually chose to be the bigger person and attempted to ignore MOH the entire night), she made the ENTIRE night about herself (how she JUST got married and her and HER HUSBAND and at HER wedding and during HER bachelorette party)...and as we were about to go out, I went to find her and she was on the phone talking shit about me...to her husband.

All of this ended up opening a serious can of worms and it made me realize that she actually has NEVER been happy for me from the beginning and I guess I was ignoring it? She wasn't really that excited when I got engaged, or when I chose my venue or my dress or when my fiance and I decided it'd be best for us to buy a house. In fact, every big decision I shared with her (cause yknow...she's my BFF), she went behind my back and talked about me.

I did end up confronting her about it and all she could say was "I'm sorry, I don't know what you want me to say." I guess what I'm asking is...do you know anyone that has been through this before too? What's your advice on handling her from now on? My wedding is in 3 weeks, so my mom told me to be the bigger person and save face so don't kick her out...but I guess an unbiased opinion would be great.
    Just know that kicking someone out of your wedding WILL end the friendship.

Either this was SUPER atypical of her OR she has tendencies to try to be the center of attention and you know that she talks shit about people. From what you've said, it kind of sounds like the latter. 

If your wedding is in 3 weeks, I think it'll be more stressful for you to kick her out (she sounds like a drama queen) than to just move forward with stuff. Distance yourself from her after the wedding if you want. Focus on your wedding and your fiance to avoid letting her issues suck you in too.
    *********************************************************************************

• Kicking her out is friendship-ending. You've only got to put up with her for three more weeks, and then after the wedding you can take another look at the friendship and let it cool if you want to.
  • There should be some kind of setting implemented where the OP can't go and edit their post after a certain length of (short) time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There should be some kind of setting implemented where the OP can't go and edit their post after a certain length of (short) time.
    Or after somebody replies to it.  
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Seriously, what is with these DDs?

Anniversary

DDs are the least of our problems here.  Check out Invites and Papers if you care to see the trainwreck. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

DDs are the least of our problems here.  Check out Invites and Papers if you care to see the trainwreck. . .

Anniversary

• @jalmontev - Why did you delete your post?  It's kinda ridiculous considering the fact that you were quoted and we can all see your post anyway!  It also draws more attention to it.....I mainly clicked this post to see what was so bad that the person had to delete.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards