California-Orange County

We just secured our venue! Yay!

I'm so excited! We've known for awhile which venue we wanted to get married at, but it's obviously not completely set in stone until you make your deposit. Well, it's finally set in stone. :)

We're getting married at Rancho Las Lomas! (CLICK!)

We're very excited. :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We just secured our venue! Yay!

• Congrats! That is so exciting! It looks like a beautiful place too.

• Congrats. I'm considering the venue as well. If you don't mind me asking, what is required as a deposit. They are not very forthcoming with information until a commitment is made. I can't make a commitment without information.

Thank you,
  • They were very, very accommodating for us, but we're having a December wedding so perhaps that's why?

10% of the overall amount is what's required for the deposit. But, for example, if you know in the end you want the $5,000 open bar, but you don't want to pay a huge deposit, lock in your contract at the $700 soft drink bar instead, and later you can upgrade. It costs the same in the end, but less upfront.

Also, if you're working with Vanessa, she's amazing. She will work, work, work with you until you are comfortable. She arranged it so we could actually make payments for our deposit since FI is not working right now.

And one thing she told us was not to worry about catering right now. If you're having a weekend wedding then you have to go with their caterer, 24 Carrots. If you lock in your date then you lock in the caterer. Don't worry about paying them until later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What was your overall budget if you don't mind me asking? This place looks gorgeous!! What part of Cali is it in? I am from AZ and trying to plan a destination wedding!
  • It is in Orange County which is So Cal. South of L.A.

@RedJacks25 can probably give you some great info on the place.

• staar987staar987 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2013

Edited because the vendor is gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards