Massachusetts-Boston

Hair/Make-up recommendations

Does anyone have any Hair and Make-up recommendations in the Norwood, Walpole, Dedham area? 

Re: Hair/Make-up recommendations

• I am using Liz fuller.  she is out of Hingham.  She travels all over.  I've seen great recommedations here and on other sites about her. Her website is: www.makeupartistryinc.com .  I have an event to go to in June and am trying her out then...sort of like the trial before the bridal trial.  She recommends a bridal trial a month or two before the wedding to make sure she has all the right colors etc.so there is not guesswork on the wedding day.  I happen to have an event to go to so i am going to give her a whirl for that.  I do have her secured for my wedding, but if I don't like what she does for the event then maybe i won't book her?  but a friend from work recommended her-she did her wedding and she looked so good.  So i actually think all will go well.  maybe you can check her out?
  • I am using Gina Joubert for hair and Kim Fosher for makeup.

A few of my friends have used them both which is where I met them so I had a pretty good idea on how their work was even before I went for my trials.

I honestly cannot explain how good of a job they both do. They travel on site (we're actually from the area but getting married in RI) and very reasonably priced.

I went in for both trials and only had to explain briefly what I wanted. They both executed without flaw. I sincerely could not be happier. For all of my friends weddings that they did they had us all ready so quickly.

Gina's number is 508-826-8002 - you should definitely give her a call. You'll love her!
  • Great info here.  Will try these MUAs out.
  • I'm using Special Event Beauty, for both hair and makeup, which has been recommended quite a bit on this board. They will travel to you which is what I wanted :-) I'm having my trial next month!
  • B boutique in milton and Patricia at flip hair salon in Milton! Both travel but trials at their locations.
  • Using Liz Fuller after I saw what people said!
  • take a look at my website, i'm a hair and makeup artist, www.beautybymaychin.com
  • jw875jw875 member
    First Comment Name Dropper
    @robinato...had my trial with Liz and loved her.  She did a great job and she also did my mom.  We were both so happy with the results.  Have you had that event yet that you planned on using her for? 
  • @jw875 I DID have my makeup done by Liz last weekend for a fundraiser.  She did a great job!  Couldn't have been happier!  She even gave me some lipstick to take with me so I could do touch-ups that night.  She gives a full size lipstick to brides on the wedding day too.  Did you know that?  For free!  Love that!
  • @robinato and @jw875....I just made an appointment to see Liz for next month based on the glowing recommendations that you both gave, along with some other people.  She sounded so nice on the phone.  I like the pics on her site-very natural.  I've been to some weddings where the bride and her crew had way too much makeup on.  One mother's makeup looked terrible!  I just can't do that, no matter what someone says about how it will look in photos.  I couldn't walk around at my wedding in real-life like that!  So thanks!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards