Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Creative ceremony venues?

So, I had a gap between my ceremony and reception, and after realizing that was against etiquette, I'm trying to come up with a new ceremony location :) My church (before moving out of state) requires ceremonies begin no later than noon, and I want an evening reception, so I gotta come up with a new place. I would prefer not to be married in a church if it's not going to be "our" church, and DEFINITELY not outside, as it will be very hot and humid! Are there other indoor places other than churches or your reception venue, where you can have a wedding ceremony? Sorry if this is a dumb question.. I am not creative at all and nothing comes to my mind when I think about it! TIA!

Re: Creative ceremony venues?

• So, I had a gap between my ceremony and reception, and after realizing that was against etiquette, I'm trying to come up with a new ceremony location :) My church (before moving out of state) requires ceremonies begin no later than noon, and I want an evening reception, so I gotta come up with a new place. I would prefer not to be married in a church if it's not going to be "our" church, and DEFINITELY not outside, as it will be very hot and humid! Are there other indoor places other than churches or your reception venue, where you can have a wedding ceremony? Sorry if this is a dumb question.. I am not creative at all and nothing comes to my mind when I think about it! TIA!

Museums

Community Centers (these are at banks, libraries, corporate centers. Just Google "Community Centers in YourCity")

Cultural Centers or Historical Societies

Educational pavilions at nature centers (these are typically used for school group field trips during the week)

Hotels. Many will rent out a small ballroom at an hourly rate

• Why can't you have it at the reception venue?
  • Some courthouses also have rooms that fit a bunch of people. Honestly, I'd probably just do it at your reception venue because it's the easiest.
  • At an aquarium, zoo, museum, winery/vineyard, historic house (or whatever is in your area), where your reception is, golf course or country club (might be nice if it was in front of a big window), on/inside a boat/yacht, in a barn, any hotel or bed and breakfast, school chapel or auditorium, a family member's house or cottage, restaurant, in a tall building offering great views (like the CN tower), or a hall.
  • Thanks for all the ideas! Very helpful. I don't want to have the ceremony outside because our wedding will in early August, it will be very hot and humid and I don't want the guests to be miserable! Our reception is in the golf course "banquet hall," I don't think it would be possible to do the ceremony and reception in the same room. All the tables will be set/decorated for dinner, and they don't have another indoor space that would work.
  • My daughter rented City Hall for her wedding ceremony. It's a beautiful, old building that is often rented out during the weekend for weddings. 

I have been to a few weddings where the guests sat at their dinner tables during the ceremony. It was very comfortable and it was very convenient for the guests.

You should post this on your local board. You may get suggestions from brides who are familiar with your area. 

• Legion barn

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards