Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Alterations

I've been reading reviews on alterations and see that Brenda at Amazing Alterations in Anoka is highly recommended.  Does anyone have any input on her doing dresses with EXSTENSIVE beading and VERY delicate lace?  I just picked up my dress and had ordered it a size larger than the sample I tried on because the sample was a little tight in the hips, but my dress is really big all over!  I am going to need every part of my dress altered but it is extremely intricate! Any feedback on similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!  Also, does anyone have any experience with Sodara Ung?  She was recommended to me by my bridal salon but I haven't seen any feedback on her.  Thanks!!

Re: Alterations

• Options

I don't have any experience with the 2 you referenced, but I would check out JenMar Creations (http://www.jenmarcreationsmn.com/) as well. They did extensive alterations on my gown (modified the back from a keyhole to an open "V", took it in about a full size in the hips, chest and shoulders, hemmed, bustled) and charged me about 1/3 of what others were going to. They did a fabulous job, so you should definitely check them out and see what you think. I recommend making a consulation appt at a couple seamstresses and see who you feel the most comfortable with and if there are big variations in prices.

• Options
    This is slightly unrelated, but how early do you get alterations done? My dress came REALLY early so I'm not sure when I should get alterations. Our wedding is in March. (I ordered the dress in July and it got here in August - supposed to be December!)
  • Options
    I would schedule your initial alterations appointment for about 4-6 weeks before the wedding, especially if you are getting extensive alterations done. Your final fitting should be about a week or two before the wedding to make sure you don't change sizes much between then and the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards