Luxury Weddings
Options

Wedding Panics/Freak Outs

Okay, I had my first major wedding panic last night. And today it's evolved into like 3 other concerns. We have a massive structure in the middle of our room that has to be covered somehow. It's just stressing me out cause I hate the normal options. But now I'm curious if anyone had any big panics? What did you get nervous about and how did the resolution come out?

Re: Wedding Panics/Freak Outs

• Options
    I didn't panic at all before my second wedding, mostly because I set it up in such a way that there would be minimal stress and drama and I came into it with history and perspective. I did have a panic attack before my first wedding, and unfortunately, all of my worst nightmares came true. It was family related, so I did all I could to get people on the same page and put my trust into them. Well, it was an epic fail. Hence, why I did not have a large traditional wedding the second time around. However, to put a positive spin on things, since I have been through it twice, I can honestly say that all of the "little" things that brides stress about before the wedding (vendors, décor, etc) all work out in the end. Even with all of the pre-planning, little things will still go wrong, but it works out and it's something you can look back on and say that it helped create the special day that you'll always remember. In my particular situation, even though my family caused a lot of pain and stress, and relationships were ruined, the entire day was as fantastic as I ever could have imagined (minus the divorce. LOL)

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    alm&mdm said:
    Okay, I had my first major wedding panic last night. And today it's evolved into like 3 other concerns. We have a massive structure in the middle of our room that has to be covered somehow. It's just stressing me out cause I hate the normal options. But now I'm curious if anyone had any big panics? What did you get nervous about and how did the resolution come out?

I was most nervous for the day itself.  I hate being the center of attention so there was alot of worry leading up to the day.  After all was said and done, I wish I would've known how much I was going to enjoy the day!  All that worrying for nothing.

What kind of massive structure is in the middle of the room?  What have other brides done?  Sometimes, covering up something draws more attention than what is actually there.

• Options

Can you give us an idea of what the structure is or even a pic and maybe we can help you come up with some ideas.

I understand the panic thing though. We just saw our reception venue for the first time Friday and I spent all weekend trying to figure out how to make everything work and what I want to do.

• Options
    The space we used for our cocktail hour is a club at night. There was a rug in the center of the room that looked fine when we toured the space, but when we went for our tasting, it looked horrible. It was filthy, ripped, and had gum caked in it. It is the first thing people see when they walk in. It isn't a big deal for the club as they keep it dark for the clubbers, but since our cocktail hour would be much earlier and brighter, it was a real eyesore. We explored having a custom rug created just for our event, putting a runner down, and basically just worried about it. We had a long series of exchanges with our coordinator at the venue and about 2 weeks before the wedding, she told us she would have it replaced so we had a brand new rug. 

I agree with PPs that you should ask what other people have done to cover it up. What does it look like?
  • Options
    I will post some photos for you tomorrow. We have an idea so I'd love to bounce it off you ladies.
  • Options
    alm&mdmalm&mdm member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    I hope this works. Click here for online album. The photos really don't do it justice. It was a spur of the moment trip so I only had my cell phone. 

Guests will enter on the grand staircases. Both will be open. That purple line will be where the draping is for the ceremony. Reception set up in the larger space. Then the ceremony space was going to flip and be like part dance floor/part dessert display etc etc. It's a much larger space than the pics can prove. The gallery area is going to become a lounge for people who want to relax or talk away from the music. 

The issue is that big structure you see mid room that has computer screens on it. Most people leave it exposed or just pipe and drape and make a fabric box in the middle of the room. We are toying now with making it into a big light box so it's a legitimate show piece rather than trying to hide it badly. 

I guess now I'm worried about it blocking views and stuff but maybe there's no way to avoid it completely.  

Let me know if that link doesnt work and Ill try to fix it!
  • Options
    OMG! On the morning of my wedding my mother made a toast with grape juice to my last breakfast as a single girl and accidentally spilled her cup on the train of my dress!!!!! Ahhhh!!! I wanted to kill her.. Luckily, the juice was able to be washed out of my dress last min and I was saved! PHEW!

My husband didn't even notice and we ended up having the best wedding and honeymoon ever! As a present from my mom she got me a sexy white bikini  as an "im sorry to make you panic" present. LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards