Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Bridal Gown and Bridesmaid Dresses

Hey Ladies, I have snooped through past posts and gotten answers to some of my questions. I want to spend between $1k and $2K on my gown. Based on the posts it looks like Lulus is a good place to start for me. But where should I look for bridesmaid dresses? I have 6 bridesmaids and they will be wearing champagne colored dresses. I would like for them to all have the same dress and for the dresses to be long. Any suggestions? I know there is AA and DB but I am not sure how large the selection is. Also, I am paying for all bridesmaid dresses so I don't want them to be too pricey.

How far in advance should we start looking? Some of my bridesmaids are out of town so we will have to plan a few shopping trips. My wedding is in Sept of next year. I think for me I will start looking in the next couple months.

Thanks!

Re: Bridal Gown and Bridesmaid Dresses

• DB and AA both have really extensive dress selections.  One thing you want to be careful of is not to pick a style that is on its way out.  A friend of mine picked dresses for us to wear, and by the time I went to get fitted and order one, it was discontinued so I couldn't find it in the color the bride wanted and the size I needed.  The easiest thing is to check their catalog for the NEXT season after you pick your dresses (like, if you go now, check their winter catalog; if you go in December, check their spring catalog).  If the dress is still in the catalog, it means they're not planning on discontinuing it any time soon.  

Cwaggoner got her dresses from Limited or Banana Republic (I can't remember) and they were some of the prettiest I've seen.  Loft and JCrew also do bridesmaids dresses, although you could also just buy regular dresses from any of those stores.
    Anniversary

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2013

My girls wore long champagne dresses and we got them at David's.  The experience was fine, and my BM got her shoes there also, and I also had them wear black wraps, which I also got there.  I only had an MOH and BM--my MOH's dress was slightly different than my BM's.  We looked at AA also (where I got my dress) but didn't find anything we liked.  Their dresses were around $100 or so in 2009.

Honestly, although it was lovely, if I had it to do over, I would have let them wear a black dress of their choosing, short, long whatever.  I cringe every time I think of those satin champagne dresses hanging in their closet.

• Yep, we got ours at Banana Republic and have gotten so many compliments. They have great Special Occasion dresses, and they regularly have 35% off sales, so they ended up being around $140 apiece, and they really can wear them again.

I know a lot of bridal shops will give you a discount on BM dresses if you buy your gown there, so when you go shopping for yourself you should ask about that. We got a discount at Davids Bridal for my sister in laws wedding since she bought her dress there, and I know Lewisville Bridal Boutique does the same thing.
  • I found my gown at Lulu's & they were amazing!  If you get your dress at Lulu's you get a discount for accessories, moms dresses & BM dresses.  I was looking for champagne dresses too and found some really pretty ones!

They have a pretty good selection at Lulu's that we looked through this last weekend, but Theresa (the BM consultant at Lulu's) told me that my discount for BM dresses would also apply at Stardust in Plano where they have a HUGE selection.

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards