Massachusetts-Boston

Photos under $1000?

Any suggestions on a vendor for photos under $1000?  We want nice pictures to remember our day, but also don't have photos as a huge priority.  Any ideas?
White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: March 9th

Re: Photos under $1000?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_photos-under-1000?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:7342e100-cfc6-4096-acb2-6cac81bf3268Post:95762953-c4aa-4357-8fa9-423bbd92c28a">Photos under $1000?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any suggestions on a vendor for photos under $1000?  We want nice pictures to remember our day, but also don't have photos as a huge priority.  Any ideas?
    Posted by julibug86[/QUOTE]

Maybe the New England School of Photography? They may have a gig office that they send out these things to students for jobs.
  • I found very few people under 2k who I liked when I was looking, and am afraid I don't have any suggestions under 1k.  If you can up your budget a little, I met with Holly Redmond, who I believe starts at 1700.  I liked her and her work, just wasn't my favorite.  I also met with Ze Liang.  http://zeliangphoto.com/wedding-investment#success. Loved his photos and he has second shot for a lot of photographers who I really liked.  He starts at 1500. As much as we liked his pics, I just didn't click with his personality.

If you are flexible in the # of hours of coverage you need you could at least try emailing them to see if they are negotiable.
  • Like Jen suggested... go onto New England School of Photography's website. They let you post a free ad. That's how I found our photographers. They are $2k but I got a ton of responses and found that to be the best way to seek out really great photographers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can try searching on snapknot.com. You can search by budget amount on there. I found mine on there and she is very reasonably priced.
  • we are using portrait new england they cuzomize a package to try to stay in your budget...they are worth checking out
  • Our photographer was above that, but not by too much.  Her work is amazing, and we highly recommend her.  I bet if you e-mail her your budget, she'll be willing to come up with a package that works.  She was very flexible with us.

http://www.imcreativephotography.com
  • Thank you, ladies!  These are great suggestions! 
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • I also looked at NESOP when we were looking for our photographer. I didn't love any of the work from the responses I got back and so I kept looking. I found someone who was starting her wedding work and works now for newspapers in Boston. Her style just clicked for me and she was a perfect fit for our day. It's a very personal thing, what style photography you want for your day so that will make a big difference. I also didn't want to spend too much on photos but wanted to have ones that I loved. We spent less than your budget. I was so happy and excited when we got our photos back, they are amazing and I've been getting many compliments on them. I used Darry Madden, she has a small website just with some of her photos on it, it isn't a wedding photo website but I believe she has 3 or 4 weddings on there, a small sample. She is so wonderful to have around, creative, and will do anything you want too. Here is the wedding part of her site http://darrymadden.wordpress.com/tag/weddings/

and her email is darry.madden@gmail.com
    Good luck!
  • We're going with Kerri from 1026 Photography.  She's really great and her prices are very affordable.  We're paying $1000 which included our engagement photos.  I think she raised her prices a little bit, but she's still VERY affordable for her work.

http://1026photography.com/
  • ItsAllGravyItsAllGravy member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    The husband/wife team from Keri Rae photography are fantastic and highly recommended!!!!! Www.keriraephotography.com Facebook.com/keriraephoto
  • kladanykladany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I am a professional student photographer trying to break into wedding photography industry - Check out my portfolio site www.debutcinematic.com. I would love to talk and see what we could work out! :)
  • I am blown away by these posts. Wedding photography is the one thing you will have forever, for generations! You all want beautiful photographs of you're  wedding, but yet no one want s to pay for it? How much for the dress, the flowers, the favors, the food, etc...all things that will be gone before the end of the evenings. It's worth investing in a professional wedding photographer whom you click with. Anything under that is like buying the Kmart version of a wedding dress. You will, get what you pay for. Unless you happen upon a student who is incredibly talented, and has all the professional equipment needed, insurance, back up, etc. Nothing will ruin your wedding more then a bad wedding photographer. Evaluate your budget, and see where you can shave off here 7 there to find a good photographer. If you could spend 2,000 minimum you could probably find someone you like int he Boston area.
  • grumbledoregrumbledore member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    KIKI FOX said:
    I am blown away by these posts. Wedding photography is the one thing you will have forever, for generations! You all want beautiful photographs of you're  wedding, but yet no one want s to pay for it? How much for the dress, the flowers, the favors, the food, etc...all things that will be gone before the end of the evenings. It's worth investing in a professional wedding photographer whom you click with. Anything under that is like buying the Kmart version of a wedding dress. You will, get what you pay for. Unless you happen upon a student who is incredibly talented, and has all the professional equipment needed, insurance, back up, etc. Nothing will ruin your wedding more then a bad wedding photographer. Evaluate your budget, and see where you can shave off here 7 there to find a good photographer. If you could spend 2,000 minimum you could probably find someone you like int he Boston area.
    Chill out.  Not everyone can afford to spend $2K on photography.  And while photography is the most important thing to many couples, it isn't to everyone.  I'd be happy with 15-20 good photos from my wedding and a bunch of snapshots.  When your budget is $4-5K, you have to be willing to compromise.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a photographer and a bride.  Personally I value photography and it's high on my wedding budget priority.  However, I think paying over 2K for wedding pictures is ridiculous.  I refuse to charge my brides that much money. In trying to find my own wedding photographer it's more about the quality of the pictures and the connection with the photographer then whether or not they're the most expensive one out there.  More money definitely doesn't mean better quality!! I've seen some amazing pictures where the photographer charged 500 bucks, and some horrible pictures where the photographer charged 10K.  PLEASE do your research on your photographer first.  Ask them a billion and one questions, make sure you see tons of their photos, not just one wedding they've done.  But please remember higher prices don't mean better quality!!

Having said that, I'm having a tough time myself finding photographers under 1000.  I've been talking to a few that are right around 1500 or so, if you're interested I can send you their names, or if you'd like to contact me directly about doing photos that's okay too, just message me and I'll respond back. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Try DDProImaging. They start at around $1400.00. I couldn't find anyone good enough for $1000.00. Honestly, you get what you pay for. I actually chose them because they did my maternity photos and I loved working with them. They made me feel comfortable at honestly my "fattest" time and I know they would make me feel special at my "prettiest". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards