North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Monday to Monday house rentals

Hello brides, we are getting married on a saturday in septmeber in Manteo.  We are stuggeling with finding a week long rental to fit our schedule.  If you were married on a saturday and stayed in a rental, how did you manage getting out in time or negotiating an extended rental? 

Re: Monday to Monday house rentals

• Options
    If I am not mistaking, the only Monday to Monday house rental in the OBX is The Love Boat. I would suggest looking for a Friday to Friday, or Sunday to Sunday. There were plenty of those when my family was looking at rental houses. Also try vrbo, some people are willing to do half weeks if needed.
  • Options
    I am also getting married on a Saturday in September (the 21st to be exact) and we decided to go with a Sun-Sun rental.  I looked and looked and couldn't find homes to accomodate so we just all decided that Sun-Sun would be fine. 

Best of luck to you in your search!  :-)
  • Options

I am getting married in Manteo this May and we found a Friday to Friday rental in Nags Head. We are staying the week after the wedding.

Good luck!

• Options
    I am doing a Sunday to Sunday rental for a Saturday wedding too.  We're just going to have everyone staying in the house get organized and packed Saturday afternoon and have the kitchen cleared out for hte caterers on friday afternoon.  Then I am going to pay a little extra for clean up assistance after the wedding.  I think it will probably be stressful, but I love the house we got and we'll just have to make it work.
  • Options

If you've decided on a rental company, call them and just ask if any owners would shift their days. Especially if it's in late September, they may be willing to.  I've been in the rental industry in Corolla for almost 15 years and I know that's something we are occasionally able to do. Be very cautious with VRBO, don't send anything without signing a lease and verifying the listing is legit.

• Options
    We're getting married in Manteo in October and we did a mid-week to mid-week rental through Village Realty (Wednesday-Wednesday).  Unfortunately we are staying in South Nags Head, but that's totally ok with us.  That way, we could get houses close to each other.  We are also getting married on a Saturday and staying a until the Wednesday after our wedding.  Hopefully something works out!
  • Options
    We're getting married in Manteo in October and we did a mid-week to mid-week rental through Village Realty (Wednesday-Wednesday).  Unfortunately we are staying in South Nags Head, but that's totally ok with us.  That way, we could get houses close to each other.  We are also getting married on a Saturday and staying a until the Wednesday after our wedding.  Hopefully something works out!
  • Options
    Catyburs - Is the rental a large rental?  I wonder if it is because it is in october and we are getting married in September.  I will look in to it.  Thank you very much!

• Options
    We have 9 bedrooms in our rental, and my parents have an 8 bedroom.  I just realized that you mentioned your wedding is in September, but I'm sure if you spoke with the rental place and worked something out, they could make some arrangements for you!  Our rental place is great and has been super flexible with payments, arrivals, etc.  Hope it all works out for you =)
  • Options

Are you getting married in the house too? Which specific houses did you rent? I am looking to stay in a house where I can have the wedding (about 100 people) outside. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards