Wedding Invitations & Paper

Drag Brunch Lunch -Need Tag/Punch Bachelorette Party

Bachelorette party invites are ready to go out but it's missing something on back... Was thinking of putting  one of these so it's visible when they open the envelope. Any other suggestions?

cheers bitches!

{drinks & drag}

Re: Drag Brunch Lunch -Need Tag/Punch Bachelorette Party

• Just clarifying, do you mean drag as in drag queen?  If so, what exactly are you looking for?  An image to put on the back of the card?  Or "Drag Brunch Lunch" in fancy font?
  • No, no image. I already have "brunch lunch" on the invite and wanted to add something else. just because i'm obsessed... Does drinks & drag sounds lame :/

• drinks & drags

{cheers bitches.cheers}

• I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you a drag queen? What is a brunch lunch? Why do you need to put something on the back of the invitation? 
  • generally brunch is breakfast and lunch however, this is just a brunch lunch... no, not drag and just because I would like too.

• generally brunch is breakfast and lunch however, this is just a brunch lunch... no, not drag and just because I would like too.

Sorry but this didn't clarify anything. So you are hosting a meal at say 10 with both bfast and lunch food? I thought that was brunch. Whatever....

What is the drag referring to?? I think that is what most people are confused about.

What does the bride like? Does she say things like cheers bitches? If so, go with that. If not I wouldn't bother with a "cute" phrase on the envelope/back.

• OP - What is drag?  Unless it's a drag queen, many of us are unfamiliar with this word.
  • We are going to a drag queen lunch brunch, they only serve lunch... no bfast. I can't write, speak, or think these days - sorry ladies, thanks for trying!

I went with:

drinks & drag queens!

{cheers bitches.}

• I guess I just still don't get the whole calling it a lunch brunch (not sure if that is what the venue is calling it or you) but if they aren't serving any breakfast food and only just lunch then why use the word brunch at all?  I know this adds nothing to the overall question but it is just something that is confusing me.

• What? I'm so confused. Is this a question?

Anniversary

• Let's avoid confusion... invite on reverse side. I love it, makes me laugh when I think of each girls expression when they open it.

Maggie0829- Yes, this is what the venue calls it. I've never been just assumed they didn't offer breakfast... We'll see!

• What do you mean by "bitches" ?  If I got this invitation I'd find it really offensive if I wasn't in the know.
  • @nannersbanners - yeah I was just being nosy LOL!  That is a weird title to give something if they don't serve breakfast food as well.  Maybe it is a lunch and brunch combo?  Well either way I am sure it will be fun!

• @jen4948 My future MIL is the most conservative woman I know, she is an amazing woman at that. In the last 10 years she has used F*!* maybe, maybe 5 times. She loved it... like LOVED IT! Drag Queen Lunch Brunch, well not so much.

Not sure why you would take offense to it or why it would be insulting in context. Not to be rude but are you a little uptight? B/c I do have those friends too and don't want to be insulting!

• @jen4948 My future MIL is the most conservative woman I know, she is an amazing woman at that. In the last 10 years she has used F*!* maybe, maybe 5 times. She loved it... like LOVED IT! Drag Queen Lunch Brunch, well not so much.

Not sure why you would take offense to it or why it would be insulting in context. Not to be rude but are you a little uptight? B/c I do have those friends too and don't want to be insulting!

This is why I'm asking what the word "bitches" means in this context.  Some people find that word to be really insulting, but if the context indicates that the people in question all know what it is and are all comfortable with it, then it could pass muster.  But if I (hypothetically) got one of these and I didn't understand how the word was being used, it might seem to me (again hypothetically) that I was being called a foul name.
  • To me, calling a bunch of women bitches means you're a rapper or a 16 year old girl trying to be edgy.

Anniversary

• To me, calling a bunch of women bitches means you're a rapper or a 16 year old girl trying to be edgy.
    Or you are a bit tipsy and trying to be funny.  Or you think you are Britney Spears.

OP, in the end it is a "know your crowd" kind of thing.  If this is a typical saying with these women then by all means use it.  If the word "bitch" offends some of the women or then don't use it. Honestly, for me, as long as the invite doesn't say "Maggie you are a bitch" I am cool with silly sayings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards