Louisiana-New Orleans

Bar Post-Rehearsal Dinner

Hi,

We are having our rehearsal dinner at Galvez and I'm looking for a bar that we could meet other out of towners at after the dinner.  Do you know of any bars close to the French Market that could hold about 75-100?  Has anyone had any luck with low minimums or low room rental rates?

Thanks!

Re: Bar Post-Rehearsal Dinner

• Are you hosting the bar?  I'm not sure that any bar would let you rent the space otherwise. 
  • Molly's is pretty big and right across from the French market.
  • We had our post reception gathering at Tujagues in French Quarter which was great fun.  We reserved the bar space which probably held about 75 (?).  It was a $500 minimum bar tab (no rental fee for the space).  I do think they have other areas if you feel like you may have more than 75 people.  Speak with Mark at Tujagues if you're interested :)
    dml
  • Can you just do it at the Galvez too, just extend your time there and open it up to everyone after the rehearsal dinner is over with? That's what we are doing. I'm having everything at the same location and just stopping the food service and have the bar stay open for an additional hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards