Snarky Brides
Options

Sister Issues...11 days to go (RANT ALERT)

I know there is probably nothing I can do at this point, but I really have to rant to somebody or my head is going to explode.

I have two older sisters. I asked my oldest sister a year and a half ago to be my matron of honor. Since then, I haven't asked her to do much, but what I have asked, she's always done happily. Really this has just included attending engagement parties, bridal showers, and the bach party, meeting with me to brainstorm decor for our rehearsal dinner, helping to put together favors,  and ordering her dress.

I asked my middle sister to be in the wedding as a bridesmaid at the same time. She lives in California, and my other sister and I are both based in Illinois, so I knew I wouldn't be asking much of her at all. I've read on here time and time again that the only expectation of a bridesmaid should be to get the dress and show up sober to stand by your side.

I can't blame my sister for not coming to any bridal showers...or the bachelorette party. It's hard to travel far when you have 2 kids at home who need you. And while I was sad she couldn't make it, I definitely wasn't angry.

But now, I've found out that she ordered her dress late, and it may or may not be here in time for the wedding. Not only that, but my parents and I have asked her repeatedly for the information of the company she ordered the dress from, so that we can call on her behalf and try to get the dress expedited. She hasn't responded to any of our calls, texts, or Facebook messages.

She also has a daughter (my niece) who will be a flower girl in the wedding. I asked my sister for her shoe size and whether or not she had her ears pierced over a week ago, and still have not received a response. I want to make my niece feel special, and buy her accessories for the wedding, but it's difficult to do when my sister can't even respond to that question.

At this point, like I said, I know that there isn't much I can do. I'm just very disheartened that this close to the wedding, my own sister isn't holding up what I feel is sort of her end fo the bargain.

Re: Sister Issues...11 days to go (RANT ALERT)

• Options
    How frustrating!  Do you have other bridesmaids? If she doesn't show up in the chosen dress, that's on her. She'll have to wear something fabulous (and hopefully coordinating with the other dresses) and you'll all grin and bear it.  I think you can pick out great accessories for your niece that don't include earrings.  
    Ignoring you is totally rude but she may have her reasons.  Maybe she has things going on with her children and your wedding, even as your sister, is the least of her worries. Try not to let it get to you too much- you need to enjoy the experience of getting married to the person you love.  I hope it all works out! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards