Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Mediterranean Cruise

Anyone ever done a Mediterranean Cruise? Our honeymoon will be mid September next year. I've never been on any type of cruise, but I feel like it would be a nice way to visit Italy and some of Greece. Any suggestions would be appreciated! 

Re: Mediterranean Cruise

• Options
    FI and I just did a nine day one. We loved it, but like cap said, it's not necessarily the most relaxing trip. We had one day at sea to just relax, but the rest of the trip was go, go, go. That said, it was an incredibly efficient and relatively cheap (comparatively speaking) way to see a lot of different places. I would say it depends on what type of trip you're looking for if you'd love it or not. Also, some of the ports can be quite far from the main cities. If you want more info you can send me a PM.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    Excursions on Mediterranean cruises are often much more expensive the excursions that are on Caribbean cruises.  I haven't been on a Med cruises in many years, but I remember paying upwards of $200 for many of the excursions.  We probably spent over $1K/person on just excursions.  Make sure to include this in your HM budget. 
  • Options
    We did a Med cruise this summer for our HM. We wanted to see a lot but didn't want to be packing/unpacking the whole time. We did a 12 day Carnival cruise (surprisingly we had zero issues with them despite their spotty reputation) from Barcelona to Venice and back. That one was nice because it did have 3 sea days so we got to relax a little but it definitely was a busy HM like pp said. If you want to see a lot but don't want to be constantly moving hotels it is a great way to travel. If you want some days to relax you can always go a few days early or stay a few days later to give you some down time.
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards