Chit Chat
Options

Boudoir Photos FOR the Groom

shelyg89shelyg89 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited September 2013 in Chit Chat
Just out of curiosity...what are thoughts on this?

Re: Boudoir Photos FOR the Groom

• Options
    edited September 2013

Weird.

ETA: I'm dumb. I read it as "of the groom" meaning that the groom would take sexy pictures for bride. THAT'S weird to me. Boudoir pictures in general, of women, fine. I might do it because I know FI would love it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I actually like the idea. I'm thinking about it myself. Some people say it's a good idea, some don't. To each their own. I think it would be cool just because I've always been self conscious (not that I'm obese or anything) but I feel awkward if my Fiance just stares at me so I never let him. I thought this would be a fun surprise that he would never expect, especially because of that reason. I think if it's totally out of the box for you and he would really be surprised then do it! Besides, how many times do you get to look like a pinup for a bit? :)
  • Options
    Not a fan of boudoir shots. I personally think they're cheesy. 
  • Options
    I love the idea. Wish it was in my budget.
  • Options

Weird.

ETA: I'm dumb. I read it as "of the groom" meaning that the groom would take sexy pictures for bride. THAT'S weird to me. Boudoir pictures in general, of women, fine. I might do it because I know FI would love it.

LOL!! I read this exactly the same way which is why I opened the thread. I immediately had the most hilarious images of DH in calendar poses. 

To the OP - if you're comfortable with it and you want to spend the money, I say go for it. It's becoming a little cliche, but it's whatever.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

LMAO!! omg, Groom boudoir hahha. I think we just started a new trend.

But back to reality, I am going to do them. I just wanted to hear people's thoughts. I totally think they can be cheesy. My friend is a photographer so it will be cost effective. If they don't turn out how i want them (classic and elegant) I just won't use them. No harm no foul. And it could be fun :) I think my fiance will love them regardless, but I know I will be picky.

• Options
    On first reading I also thought this was for pictures of the groom and, as much as I love him and am attracted to him,  was thinking that I have ZERO interest in seeing pictures of him spread out on our bed, mostly naked, like he's pretending to be an underwear model. Nope. Nope. Nope.
  • Options
    I did it and they turned out great. It was a really fun experience, and he loves them! 

And there's no way in hell I'd want boudoir shots of my husband. I think he's a babe, but uh, no thanks. :)
  • Options
    I wouldn't be comfortable being that scantily clad in front of someone else for FI, but that's just me. I think if they're done tastefully, they can be great. If you feel confident enough to do it, go for it!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    shelyg89shelyg89 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    Agreed! Luckily, the photographer is a good friend, so I definitely feel comfortable with her! If nothing else, we will have fun with it.
  • Options
    I am cracking up at the idea of groom boudoir photos! Do what makes you happy, girl!
  • Options
    I DIYed my boudoir pictures for H. Had a friend (not a photographer) come over to snap them and opened a bottle of wine. H and I are both a fan of pin-up shots in general, so I knew he'd love them regardless of how professionally (or not, lol) they were done. I did a few different looks, like black lingerie with thigh high stockings since I know he's always a fan of stockings, and a few shots in just a silky robe.
  • Options
    who else would these pictures be made for?
  • Options
    FI wants them bad enough to bring it up before I did, so I will. 
  • Options
    I don't think I'd be comfortable doing them with someone else.  I do take sexy shots of myself and give them to H, especially when he or I are going on a trip without the other.  However, I hate looking at them myself.  
  • Options
    HuckSC said:
    Right that's why so many people thought you meant OF the groom haha. Cuz who else would you be taking them for?? 

• Options
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/men-ups-manly-men-in-classic-pin-up-poses?s=mobile

It is possible to be sexy AND funny.

I'm doing some for my fiance, my photographer offers them free with our package, but I'm going to use one of my college friends since I'm more comfortable with her.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Eh..I'm not into it.  FI gets to see me naked everyday, and in sexy attire every special occasion.  To me it strikes me as one more thing photographers are doing to cash in on the wedding biz. Also, I've seen enough examples where they just come out looking super cheesy or the girl clearly appears uncomfortable. However, there are also plenty that come out really well.  A friend showed me hers and I was pretty impressed with them and she loved working with the photographer. If you're comfortable with the photographer and their work, I'm sure it will be fine. and I don't doubt that guys really love it. For me it just isn't worth the extra expense.  I'm sure it's definitely one of those "get what you pay for" sort of things.  

Also, just something I find interesting.  I do a lot of babysitting and have nannyed for years.  You'd be surprised at how many people have them framed on the wall of their bedrooms.  Not that I go snooping in people's bedrooms, often doors are left open and I can see them from the hallway, or they leave me instructions to let the kids sleep in their bed if they get upset, that sort of thing.  The first time I saw someone's boudoir photos, it was because the door to the backyard deck where they kept the kids bikes was through their bedroom.  Also I know a few of these people have cleaning ladies that also go into those rooms.  Seems weird that they aren't kept a little more private, but whatever. If I had them on my wall, I'd probably keep the bedroom closed and off limits when I had random people over.  
  • Options
    HuckSC said:
    Right that's why so many people thought you meant OF the groom haha. Cuz who else would you be taking them for?? 

haha, good point. I guess it is implied. And just to add, I got these done over the weekend and I'm shockingly surprised at how they turned out. If anyone is considering doing these, I wouldnt necessarily spend alot of money on them, but if you have a good friend to do them like i did, don't hesitate! We had so much fun, and holy moly they are stunning! I tried to be creative and add some personalized props. Can't wait to get them in a book and give them to him!
  • Options
    awesome! glad they turned out great, I bet he will love them! 

• Options
    chibiyui said:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/men-ups-manly-men-in-classic-pin-up-poses?s=mobile It is possible to be sexy AND funny. I'm doing some for my fiance, my photographer offers them free with our package, but I'm going to use one of my college friends since I'm more comfortable with her.
    OMG! I could totally see Jason doing these! He and his pack are just this kind of crazy...which is exactly why I'm looking forward to our wedding photos. LMAO
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    I have done them and it was so much fun! I would do it again in a heartbeat, doesn't hurt that my guy loved them too!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards