New Jersey
Options

Venue Help

Hi everyone,
Just got engaged about a month ago but we are trying to make it happen for Spring 2014. Does a venue that meets the below criteria exist? If it does, I need to get it on my short list...
  • 150 people
  • one wedding at a time
  • crazy NJ style cocktail hour with more food than you can imagine
  • Viennese
  • modern
  • outside area for ceremony + nice inside one in case of rain
  • budget max $150 including tax/ tip/ etc

Re: Venue Help

• Options
    What part of NJ?

I'm thinking maybe Il Villaggio or Il Tulipano. Also, what day of the week? For that price for everything you want you may need to do a Friday or a Sunday for the nicer, one wedding at a time type venues. Most that I looked at were around $140+ BEFORE tax and 18-22% gratuity then the maitre'd fee.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks... I live in central and my family lives north. Nothing south of Woodbridge. I emailed Il Villaggio but have not heard back. Il Tulipano doesn't have anything in the spring. I have appointments with the Manor & the Atrium this week. The Atrium would definitely be within range; the Manor was a little less forthcoming with pricing.
  • Options
    The Manor is in that price range but I think do FOUR weddings at a time. I looked at Atrium and it wasnt for us but they are also in your price range. I never emailed venues. I always called them directly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check out the a Knoll West in Parsippany. I can't recall their Saturday evening rate, but I think they may be in your range. Louis was exceptionally nice and informative, and the venue was beautiful. We ended up going with a different venue, but only because we thought the Knoll was too big for the number of guests we are planning for.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks... I live in central and my family lives north. Nothing south of Woodbridge. I emailed Il Villaggio but have not heard back. Il Tulipano doesn't have anything in the spring. I have appointments with the Manor & the Atrium this week. The Atrium would definitely be within range; the Manor was a little less forthcoming with pricing.
    I actually don't live far from the Atrium.  I went there for a bridal show and I didn't care for the place.  It was dated and I was using a banister to go up steps in one of the cocktail hour rooms and it came out of the floor and I almost fell.

I'd look into Ravello's in East Hanover and The Tides in North Haledon.  I know that they are currently doing construction on the Hanover Manor.  Not sure what their pricing is but it's up the street from Ravello's.

ETA: so it makes sense lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited September 2013
    The tides is doing renovations and should be done by May 2014. There pricing is in your range for how it looks now but not sure if it's gone up because of the renovations. 

The Atrium is very dated and not modern at all. Food is just ok. 

Hanover Manor is having parties in the renovated room now, I think they finished it recently. 

I've heard good things about Royal Manor in Garfield. 

Old Tappan Manor is in your range. The reception room is GORGEOUS! but the cocktail/dessert room was just ok and the bridal suite was just ok too. Only one wedding at a time. Outside space for ceremony and gazebos for pictures. Only downside is its in a residential area, only one bar outside the reception room and they won't allow you to have a chocolate fountain for dessert hour. 

Biagios in Paramus is almost done being built. 150 min for a Saturday night in the new part, very modern. Only one wedding at a time. Rooftop garden for ceremony and waterfall in the front for pictures. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jaz3088 said:
    The tides is doing renovations and should be done by May 2014. There pricing is in your range for how it looks now but not sure if it's gone up because of the renovations. 

The Atrium is very dated and not modern at all. Food is just ok. 

Hanover Manor is having parties in the renovated room now, I think they finished it recently. 

I've heard good things about Royal Manor in Garfield. 

Old Tappan Manor is in your range. The reception room is GORGEOUS! but the cocktail/dessert room was just ok and the bridal suite was just ok too. Only one wedding at a time. Outside space for ceremony and gazebos for pictures. Only downside is its in a residential area. 

Biagios in Paramus is almost done being built. 150 min for a Saturday night in the new part, very modern. Only one wedding at a time. Rooftop garden for ceremony and waterfall in the front for pictures. 
    It better be!  Getting married there May 17th lol.  I'd contact Tito for the newer pricing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My fiance's cousin had her reception at Old Tappan Manor and I thought it was beautiful.

• Options
    Seasons fits most of your criteria other than it has two events at once. one upstairs and down stairs. for your price and guest max those are low for a one event halls. I had my first wedding at seasons upstairs and know others who have had their weddings there either on the top for the smaller party and downstairs for larger parties and you don't cross paths. Its over the top with the food for cocktail hour and people still rave about the food even though I would rather not think about it but at least I know I picked a good place.
  • Options
    Over the summer I toured galloping hill country club in Kennilworth. At the time they were offering grand opening packages and were very reasonable. I don't know their current prices but I was impressed with the place. They are brand new (opened in April 2013). Some of the things they offered were passed Hors d'oeuvres, food stations, Viennese hour was an option for an additional fee, outdoor ceremony space, vallet parking, a very nice bridal suite, and shuttle service through a nearby hotel. I was also told they would be making additional upgrades near the outdoor ceremony space. It was one of my top choices but was out of the way for my fiancés family. Good luck!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Im getting married in March at The Berkeley Plaza (Berkeley Heights NJ) and they only have two ballrooms, but with a 150 minimum you get exclusive access so your wedding will be the only one.  They are very well under $150/pp with tax and tip and the cocktail hour has so much food that I don't even think I should be serving dinner haha. Obviously my wedding hasnt come yet but if you read reviews, all you see is how full people get at cocktail hour. All of your other requests would all fit Berkeley Plaza, too.  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Seasons or il Tulipano, definitely! I looked at both and went to a wedding recently at Seasons. Both are beautiful and they are definitely in your price range! The only problem is that Seasons does not do one wedding at a time, they do two. il Tulipano is one wedding at a time though! 

Good luck!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options

Thanks, everyone! We did see Seasons and I loved it, although my fiancé was concerned with the lack of outdoor space. And I didn't mind the two weddings since as some of you mentioned, they don't really cross paths. We didn't think the Manor or the Atrium were for us.

I heard the downstairs room of the Tides isn't as nice - true? and you need 200 for the upstairs room so I crossed that off the list.

We have 6 appointments this weekend and the one I am most excited for is Ravello's.

I had emailed both Galloping Hill & Old Tappan - no reply - but I will call directly if we still need/ want to keep looking after this weekend.

Also adding Biagio's & Knoll to the list!

• Options

Thanks, everyone! We did see Seasons and I loved it, although my fiancé was concerned with the lack of outdoor space. And I didn't mind the two weddings since as some of you mentioned, they don't really cross paths. We didn't think the Manor or the Atrium were for us.

I heard the downstairs room of the Tides isn't as nice - true? and you need 200 for the upstairs room so I crossed that off the list.

We have 6 appointments this weekend and the one I am most excited for is Ravello's.

I had emailed both Galloping Hill & Old Tappan - no reply - but I will call directly if we still need/ want to keep looking after this weekend.

The room is nice.  Just smaller then their big ballroom.  When I booked the upstairs room the minimum for a Saturday night was 175.  Depending on the time of year and day you're looking at that might be flexible.  Can't hurt to reach out to them.  Tito has been nothing but accommodating and helpful.

Ravello's....yummmm.  Hope you like it.  I'm REALLY hoping that's where my bridal shower will be.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

The room is nice.  Just smaller then their big ballroom.  When I booked the upstairs room the minimum for a Saturday night was 175.  Depending on the time of year and day you're looking at that might be flexible.  Can't hurt to reach out to them.  Tito has been nothing but accommodating and helpful.

Ravello's....yummmm.  Hope you like it.  I'm REALLY hoping that's where my bridal shower will be.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2013

I booked at Brownstone!!! :) I loved it when I saw it. 

Good luck! Let us know what you decide. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards