Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

photobook of our engagement pics for our guestbook

Hey ladies, I've seen and heard of this by a few people, but I need to know what type of pen you can use that won't run or seep through the pages....any thoughts are appreciated!!

Re: photobook of our engagement pics for our guestbook

• Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you an answer you didn't ask for:

To be honest, I wouldn't do this.  It sounds cute, but I think it also can come off as a little AWish.

As the couple, you already are or should be the center of attention-and you'll be presumably kissing at the ceremony, so I don't think engagement pictures really add anything to your guestbook.
  • lisabeatslisabeats member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I just ordered mine last night. I didn't use any kissing photos for the above reason. I actually made it more of a timeline of both of our lives and our relationship. I scanned in a bunch of pics of us as babies, in high school, and when we first started dating. 

It depends on the type of paper your book is made of, but fine-tipped sharpies seem to work when I've seen similar things done.

Edit: It may be AW-ish, but guests are going to see it for two minutes. I'm going to be able to have it forever and see friends' and families' notes about memories. That's the goal at least. If it ends up being a book of names... so be it.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Jen4948 said:
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you an answer you didn't ask for:

To be honest, I wouldn't do this.  It sounds cute, but I think it also can come off as a little AWish.

As the couple, you already are or should be the center of attention-and you'll be presumably kissing at the ceremony, so I don't think engagement pictures really add anything to your guestbook.

I disagree. I think it's a great way to utilize your engagement pictures that so few people tend to see.  We're also going to throw in pictures from throughout our relationship as well to mix things up a bit.  Shutterfly also has a wedding design that throws in pages that say something to the effect of "where will we be in 5 years"...or allows various spaces for people to write. I think this is a wonderfully economical idea.
  • mlg78- that's one of the primary reasons we are going to use this idea, so more people can the pictures because alot of people have seen one of the 75 we took.  Plus, we will probably not frame or put any of the engagement pics up in our house anywhere, so the photobook for the guestbook offers a way for us to actually do something with them rather than stuff them in a box under the bed.
  • Use some fine tipped or silver sharpies depending on the paper/color.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are doing this too. I have been to SO many events with a guest book and it seems like only have of the pages are scribbled on and everyone just scratches their name. With the books, a lot of the pictures I've looked people tend to write a little message. Just seems so much more personal in the end. Plus I'm more likely to look through it later on...why would I do that with a book of names? 
  • I love photo guestbooks. The day is ALL about the couple, why not bask in it? I'm using black sharpies and silver pens (for the darker photos). Haven't seen them bleed through, if they do a little bit, its ok. I'm personally going to use mostly photos of places we've been/landscape pics we took ourselves, instead of a book full of pictures of us. I'm also going to put up a note that says to leave a message or advice when signing the book. I'm sure we'll still have some people put just their names but hopefully a few people will get creative. It will be great to have and flip through every so often over the years.
  • I love photo guestbooks.   Much more interesting and fun.  We did one for my wedding to my XH and used a fine tip sharpie. The pages were somewhat glossy and we knew the sharpie wouldn't smear.
  • We had a photo guestbook and the guests absolutely loved it. We used our engagement photos and our friends and family signed it yearbook style with random notes and messages. For many of our guests it was the only opportunity to view our engagement photos, and we received many compliments both on our wedding day and after the fact. Our guestbook now sits in our curio cabinet, and is one of our favorite keepsakes from our wedding day. 

That being said, we ordered our photobook from shutterfly and left tons of white space for guests to sign. We ordered personalized ballpoint pens from Vistaprint for guests to use, they did not smear at all and wrote very smoothly. My only complaint was that guests kept our pens. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • We got our engagement picture guest book free from the photographer because I met her at a bridal show (the only thing I didn't like is that she chose the pics, not us). I'm thinking the fine tip Sharpie is a good idea.
  • mlg78 said:

Jen4948 said:

Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you an answer you didn't ask for:

I disagree. I think it's a great way to utilize your engagement pictures that so few people tend to see.  We're also going to throw in pictures from throughout our relationship as well to mix things up a bit.  Shutterfly also has a wedding design that throws in pages that say something to the effect of "where will we be in 5 years"...or allows various spaces for people to write. I think this is a wonderfully economical idea.

I love the idea. My fiancé wants the usual guest book.

• I did this it worked well and I don't remember what kind of pens we used! You should take the book to a paper store or go online to research the best pens to use it -
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards