Ohio-Columbus
Options

Ideas for Outdoor/Tented Ceremony site/Reception venue for $7000???

ktbee21ktbee21 member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2013 in Ohio-Columbus
Hi everyone,

I have always dreamed of having the ceremony outdoors, and at least an outdoor tented reception-anyone have suggestions? The tented venues and hotels seem extremely expensive, and I can only spare $8,000 max for both, so I am hoping I can find them close together or an all in one. I dont want a golf course or a barn.

Any links or info you can provide would be awesome! Thanks ladies :))

Re: Ideas for Outdoor/Tented Ceremony site/Reception venue for $7000???

• Options
    How about Bryn Du in Granville?
  • Options
    Where have you looked?  A few "permanent tents" around are Crowne Plaza North, New Albany Links, The Lakes CC.  Another idea would be to call a tent supplier (I think O'Neil is the big player around here) and ask THEM for ideas (First, ask for "the most helpful person you've got!" )  They would know not only how much tents cost, and WHERE they've put tents, but also possibly where tents are already UP for rental .... good luck!
  • Options
    I believe UA swim and racquet club has a tent.
    @donethat has a great suggestion about call tent rental vendors.

Lasting Impressions Event Rental  is a huge rental place and should have suggestions of places 

they rent to locally.

Would a shelter house be a compromise? Most of the tented venues tend to be on the higher side. Or the further out of town you're willing to go you could rent a field and a tent and make your own venue.

Shoelaces Catering has done a tent wedding I attending. Maybe they would have some suggestions. And they are cheap and the food is good, so might kill 2 birds.
    GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Some other suggestions:

Cultural Arts Center - great patio courtyard you could get married in. On the cheaper side, prolly could put up a tent as well. We consider this location, it's lovely in the courtyard.

Kelton House has a tent in some photos:

• Options
    If you are willing to travel a little bit, I would look into Crocketts Run in Hocking Hills.  The place is amazing.  I am getting married there 6/21/14.  There is a lodge you can use for the reception if you want. 

If you are not getting married in a church, you can also have ceremony there and have 3 options of what backdrop to use.

As for the reception, there is a huge field for it, plus a little creek behind, wooded areas, a little pond, and a rock face for the views. 
  • Options
    Could you go as far East as Newark?  Dawes Arboretum says their Event Terrace rental includes Tents/tables/chairs, etc..... (up to 300 people)
  • Options
    Not a tent - but here's a photo set that popped up in the FB feed from the COlumbus Cultural Arts Center. Courtyard ceremony and dinner --- beautiful if you ask me :-)

• Options
    Thanks for the ideas ladies! I dont want to ask a tent vendor, because I dont want to have to do all the work of renting a tent and renting all the supplies, furniture, etc. I was hoping just to find a venue that offers this kind of set up already. I will look into all of your suggestions, even hocking hills! Great ideas girls:)
  • Options
    I am doing a wedding at Bryn Du on this sat. 235 people. I have to bring everything in, they do not have tables or chairs, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards