Illinois-Chicago

Unique Not Bank Breaking Venue

I think I'm about to lose my mind looking at wedding venue's in the Chicago land area and would really appreciate any help anyone has to offer here.  Me and my fiance are still not 100% set between having our wedding here in Chicago or just doing a smaller destination wedding  somewhere, however in an attempt to have all of our family and friends be able to celebrate with us I'm putting a really big and honest effort into trying to find a unique venue or space to host our wedding here.  The problem I keep running into is everything is ridiculously expensive and was just wondering if anyone's been able to find a nice non banquet hall looking venue that won't break our bank and will allow us to have roughly 100 guests.  Were trying to keep things in the no more than 10-13000 range with taxes already counted in.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: Unique Not Bank Breaking Venue

• Are you looking for venues specifically in the city? Are any suburban areas a possibility? Does the space also need to accommodate the ceremony?
  • Any suburb would be the best place to look if you are looking for a really good deal. Otherwise in the city, you might consider an morning/afternoon reception at a restaurant to save costs.

Another option would be to call restaurants and ask what the price of a full buyout would be for an evening (or afternoon!). You would be surprised that some of them may fall in that range for that many people. Uncommon Ground on Devon falls in that range. It's a great space, and we love the food, but it is seriously hard to get a hold of their GM to get any information.

I know everyone mentions it, but Kitchen Chicago CAN be in that range as well (including space rental, all the chair, linen, table etc rentals + not-over-the-top catering) BUT that space is so SO DIY I can't imagine not having at the very least a Day Of Coordinator to keep everything running smoothly. So that will run up the tab.

• I'm open to suburbs and not just the city and would love to have a place that could do the ceremony too.  All this looking around is getting seriously stressful and I'd hate to have to cut the list of guests drastically just to fit budget since the only reason were even considering Chicago is to have our friends and family there or else we would just be on a beach somewhere.  Thank you for the suggestions, any more would be greatly appreciated too!
  • We're doing Kitchen Chicago, we love it!
    Not hiring any planners or coordinators, but we are good planners and also pretty easygoing, so it's all up to your wedding style!
  • We found many golf clubs in the area to be really affordable. Most of them have options to have your ceremony there as well. If the suburbs are an option, look into Bartlett Hills Golf Club or Seven Bridges Golf Club. Both coordinators are really helpful and both should be in your price range for the size of your guest list. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards