Chit Chat
Options

Why do I have to beg for these people to take my money?

We chose a very popular and well-known resort for our reception. They only have two wedding coordinators who I'm guessing are busy and overloaded with work. Getting them to respond to me, either by email or phone is next to impossible. We finally were able to meet with them this past weekend. I'm ready to book the date and send them money. Only the info they gave me doesn't say in what form they prefer the deposit. Can I pay cash? Does it have to be a check? Credit card? I just need to know! Neither of them have responded to my email or phone call. It's so frustrating! The place is also 1.5 hours from my house so unfortunately I can't just stop by. 

Re: Why do I have to beg for these people to take my money?

• Options
    melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2013
    Gah that would be annoying! I would pay by check, but double think if I actually want to have my wedding there if they won't simply answer that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We chose a very popular and well-known resort for our reception. They only have two wedding coordinators who I'm guessing are busy and overloaded with work. Getting them to respond to me, either by email or phone is next to impossible. We finally were able to meet with them this past weekend. I'm ready to book the date and send them money. Only the info they gave me doesn't say in what form they prefer the deposit. Can I pay cash? Does it have to be a check? Credit card? I just need to know! Neither of them have responded to my email or phone call. It's so frustrating! The place is also 1.5 hours from my house so unfortunately I can't just stop by. 

They may have a policy to not begin deposits until a year in advance. You're still a few days out from the 365 day mark, right?

Call them in a week.

• Options
    Yes, 365 days would be this Friday. I guess I'm just nervous about losing the date, you know? Then again, if someone else wants to book that room for that date, they're probably experiencing the same non-responsiveness that I am! 
  • Options
    Be patient. You're probably right that they are overloaded with work right now, still wedding season! If you arent getting a call back, I doubt anyone is.
  • Options
    Agree with pps.  I would give it a little time, follow up in a week or two.  If you still get no response, maybe start looking into a back up plan.  I wouldn't ditch them completely just yet.  Is it possible to talk to anyone that isn't specifically the wedding coordinators, this is information that a general manager might be able to give you.  I would try just calling up the resort and asking for the information instead of trying to deal directly with the wedding coordinators. 
  • Options
    Hour and a half isn't too far. I would make the trip if it would straighten out the situation
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm annoyed with this too. I was pretty sure I wanted one venue but figured it wouldn't hurt to look around, so I tried emailing another. No response. The venue I did go with has mostly been pretty good with correspondence, but not great. But it is a regular restaurant/bar/golf course on top of being a wedding venue, so I get that they're busy year round. 

Wedding dress is the same. Was told I'd get a call when the order went through. Waited a week and then called to see what was up and they said it simply hadn't gone through yet. I am giving it 6 weeks from order date and then I'll start freaking out. Good thing I have plenty of time but urgh.

I also agree that an hour and a half isn't terribly far. I would probably come up with some other things to do while there (maybe check out some florists or bakers?) and make a day of it. I'm planning from across the country and while I did get to see the venue and talk to the manager in person, I won't be back until about a week before the wedding 
    :- /
  • Options
    Give them a few days, but my advice is to pay everything you can with credit cards.  It gives you some aspect of payment insurance in case services aren't delivered which you just can't get with cash or cheque.  Added bonus if you can get points for something, or cash back on your card.  

• Options
    They finally got back to me at 11pm last night! Whew. I'm relieved. 

My FI is one of those weird people that likes to only pay in cash. And I'm the complete opposite. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards