Just Engaged and Proposals

Just engaged!

I am just excited and wanted to post something :) We got engaged on Saturday and hope to get married in March or April so the planning has already commenced. I feel kind of crazy that I've already made appointments at dress shops and venues, but it is only 6-7 months away. We've always said we wanted a short engagement and I really just can't wait to be his wife!

Anyone else planning on a short engagement?

Re: Just engaged!

• Congratulations!
  • Congrats!!!

My engagement will be 8 months and a week. It's very doable. I'm having a very small wedding though and a party later.

I'd advise getting a venue which will determine the wedding date. You also probably want a dress pretty soon. Best of luck with planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!!!

6-7 months is totally doable. Yeah, get on your dress ASAP so you have time to order one and get needed alterations. Make sure you set a budget and guest list before you decide on venues. 
  • Thanks all :)

We're visiting what will hopefully be our venue next week so we can secure a dateI am going dress shopping about 3 weeks from now, but am actually hoping to get something off the rack so I think that should be plenty of time for alterations and such.

Glad to hear others think it's reasonable/doable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards