African American Weddings
Options

Bride's Entrance Question

I'm really torn!!! Since I've heard "The One He Kept for Me", I've wanted to walk down the aisle to it. {Hubby told me to pick all the songs. He's tapped out of wedding planning. lol} Patti Labelle is Hubby's FAVORITE singer! Like, if she showed up to the wedding, he'd probably divorce me and marry her! LOL! So, I want to surprise him and have a lil Patti in the ceremony. We will have a soloist, who I will reveal to you all later, after confirmation. Now I want to walk down the aisle to "You Are My Friend" for him. Problem? I can'r really walk down the aisle to two songs.

I'm very musically inclined and so is the soloist. I'm thinking what if she does a medley of the two songs? Maybe start off with "You Are My Friend" then like half way through, the music can transition. She can sing, "...you are my friend...{transition of music}... and you're the one I've waited for, my loves design....{and complete the song or bits and pieces}."

I can probably just get with her and the musician to compose the music and map out the song. Thoughts?

Re: Bride's Entrance Question

• Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it can work if she transitions at the right part... Can guys come in to the Patti song?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it can work.. People do medley on songs all the time. Just make sure they all practice it so the transition is smooth...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a good idea... y'all got skills!
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like it will work out.  Like msapril said, as long as they can work out the transitions I dont see it being a problem.  I would love to hear this.  I may crash your wedding Ty!!
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone else. Do both songs have the same beat or at least close?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ***coming out of LURK mode for this one too***

Girl quit playin', that is a HAWT idea and I loves it!!  Your soloist should be able to bridge these two songs together without a problem.  I can so see it in my mind...you wouldn't come out until the 3rd or 4th verse because the flower girl (if you are having one) would come out around the 2nd verse to signal to the guests you are about to come out...HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards