Asian Weddings
Options

Need a venue that allows outside catering and need to find an asian caterer! CT/NY area

Hi, I plan on having a wedding with up to 200 people and I am having an awful time trying to find venues that allow caterers. All the ones on here that are listed as allows outside caterers are liars bc I end up calling them and there are a whole bunch of restrictions that dont work in my favor! Also, I do not know of ANY asian caterers in the CT/NY area. I'd love to have either chinese or south east asian cuisine with the whole sharkfin or seafood soups, sauteed ginger lobster, etc. Does anyone know of any?? I'd would greatly appreciate any feedback!! Thanks!!

Re: Need a venue that allows outside catering and need to find an asian caterer! CT/NY area

• Options
    Hi, I plan on having a wedding with up to 200 people and I am having an awful time trying to find venues that allow caterers. All the ones on here that are listed as allows outside caterers are liars bc I end up calling them and there are a whole bunch of restrictions that dont work in my favor! Also, I do not know of ANY asian caterers in the CT/NY area. I'd love to have either chinese or south east asian cuisine with the whole sharkfin or seafood soups, sauteed ginger lobster, etc. Does anyone know of any?? I'd would greatly appreciate any feedback!! Thanks!!
    I would recommend your local board. But also venues that do allow outside caterers expect fully licensed as caterers. I can not imagine the typical chinese restaurant meal, being caterer at a different venue, as they cook a lot on site and normally it's like 10 courses.
  • Options
    i don't know much about the CT/NY area. But I had this issue trying to find a venue that will allow an outside caterer.

1) Just because they have it on their brochure that they don't allow outside caterering means they don't allow outside caterering.  We've found that country clubs will stick to that policy but hotels are more lenient.  Ours will allow us to bring in an Indian caterer to do at least 50% Indian food.

2) It may be easier to find the outside caterers first.  As PP said, our venue required that they were fully licensed as caterers and I'm not sure if all restaurants would be.  But, once we found the caterers, we did the reverse search.  We asked them for a list of venue they have catered for and we approach the venues by saying the venue was referred by the caterers.  I have even looked up some caterers and check where they had served before so I can get an idea of which venue will be more flexible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards