image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Friday Accountability

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013

B: Coffee and a whole-wheat english muffin w/ Smart Balance butter blend - 5pts

L: Chicken BBQ shared with my mom. - 10 pts

D: Unknown - I'll update later I guess. I'm hoping to convince BF to go to the Mexican restaurant just down the road from us because they have amazing street tacos plus they are super cheap.

E: Walked/ran three miles w/dog. It was her first time out running so we mostly walked and broke it up every once in awhile with running for 2/10ths of a mile.

• Drank 44oz yesterday (goal was 48). I totally forgot to run this morning. Yep, forgot! But I brought my running stuff to work, so my goal is 3 miles after work. I am eating a healthy breakfast (fruit and some granola), probably will have pizza for lunch, and pulled pork for dinner.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I haven't started off well and I have no idea what my plan is for the rest of the day :(

B: Bacon, egg, and cheese in a whole wheat wrap, hashbrown
    S: Apple
    L: Not sure yet but I plan to select something healthy
    D: H and I might go out to dinner tonight at our nearby steakhouse

E: Yoga

W: 7 cups 

• yesterday, I ended up having a few sips of punch and some cake (from my favorite bakery!) at a retirement celebration after lunch.  I felt SICK and had crazy hip pain the rest of the day.  I think the sheer amount of sugar does this to me (it's not the first time since my W30 that I've noticed this).  I am sad, because I love cake.

so last night I got out a big jar, and every time I do a work-out or skip something I know will make me feel like crap, I get to put money in it.  last night I did a good work-out, so I got to put my first little bit of change in it!  I plan on getting a nice pedi and mani when the jar fills up.  MOTIVATION.  I need it.

B:  leftover grilled green beans and brussel sprouts; 3 eggs; nectarine; black coffee
    L:  1 grilled chicken drumette, 1/2 lg. grilled chicken breast; grilled green beans and brussel sprouts; pink lady apple
    D:  we're going to Cafe7, I think I'm going to get their seasonal salad (LINK for pic... doesn't it look just wonderful???) and maybe some tomato basil soup or a fruit cup or something.

if I have a snack before dinner, I'll stick with an apple pie Larabar.  YUM.

E:  as soon as I get off work, we're going over to my grandma's house to help her move a mattress and fix a spring (or something, I'm still not sure what she needs done!) and then we're running a bunch of errands:  return/exchange H's shoes at DSW, Super-Target, Old Navy, BBB for k-cups (coupon!!), pay the mortgage, go grocery shopping (two stores).  I doubt I'll get in a true work-out this evening.
  • B: 2 eggs scrambled with some leftover pulled pork, an english muffin spread with avocado, black coffee
    S: almonds
    L: Homemade chili mac and an apple

this afternoon is my coworker/co-grad student's public thesis defense so we're having a party for him afterwards with lots of snacks and champagne and cake. If I eat diner after that it will be pot roast (in slow cooker at home) or drunken tacos. 

I will try not to eat every single snack in sight. Small goals for this gal right now.
  • Ever since I've been doing Crossfit I've definitely gotten stronger but man after doing Insanity yesterday, my cardio has declined. I could hardly finish the video...but it was still a good workout.

B- Oatmeal and coffee

L- BBQ with @lmhollister and mom (I want someone to share with : (

D- Going out with a girlfriend to a mexi restaurant...I'm probably going to get fish tacos. I may not even get a marg since I might after after dinner drinks with some more friends. We shall see.

E- Today is my rest day, tomorrow though I'll probably do Insanity in the morning.

• @southernpeach89 - my H was into Crossfit, but he started having problems in his shoulders and knees, so he has quit Crossfitting and gone back to the gym.  he'll do a few Crossfit work-outs a week, and then throw in some easier days.  since he's quit Crossfitting so often, all the pain has gone (THANK GOD, I was getting worried).  and now he'll go jogging with me, and he wouldn't do that while Crossfitting.  woo-hoo!

ironically, I've added some Crossfit-like moderate-intensity work-outs to my schedule!  maybe he and I will meet in the middle.  :)

hopefully you'll build your cardio back up.  it is definitely NOT the first (or fifth or sixth!) time I've heard someone say that about going over to Crossfit.

Tina at carrotsncake.com has blogged about her struggle with getting back into cardio while doing Crossfit.  she's a big fan of it!
  • @southernpeach89 - have you read this article? just a little warning to the wise about crossfit: https://medium.com/health-fitness-1/97bcce70356d
  • @CocoBellaF -Yea, it worried me a bit when I did Insanity...I was like hmm..I could do this full out about a month ago. CrossFit has been great but it's definitely different than what I was doing before. I'm not a huge weight lifter and a lot of friends tell me that CrossFit has changed them? So when FI started doing it, he really loved it so he bought me a few months of it for my bday.

I haven't been finding myself getting hurt or anything which is good, I'm sorry your H went through that. But I would like to keep my cardio up so I might do a combo of Insanity and CrossFit and see if that helps and not just stick with one or the other.

• @Cschiano -Yea I read that article the other day. My friend posted it on facebook and honestly it is a good article for everyone to read for who have done CrossFit or thought about doing it. The gym I go to, our trainers would never push us past our limits. We all go at our own pace and I would never do more than I know my muscles can handle. I push myself but not more than what I would push myself if I wanted to get the extra mile or lift the extra pound at a regular gym.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards