New York-Long Island

frustrated with makeup trials!

Is anyone else finding it difficult to find the "right" makeup artist.  I have been to three so far and nothing looks good.  I want a natural look not a lot of makeup but I end up looking like a clown even after explaining to them what I envision on my special day.

Has anyone else experienced this delima or can anyone refer me to an expert makeup artist who knows what the hell their doing.....

Thanks,
Stressed Bride.

Re: frustrated with makeup trials!

• edited December 2011
    i would get in touch with Anabelle Laguardia...she is spot on. I have seen her do work on many different types of brides and they all looked fantastic. Her site is www.anabellemakeup.com

Tell her Alexis Stein sent you.
  • edited December 2011
    try www.makeupbymarisa.com I've had many wonderful experiences with her!  HTH! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    The natural look is in right now, so you should not stop until you find the makeup artist you are looking for. It will look really odd if you're used to looking natura,l and all of a sudden on your wedding day, you look overdone. Styling the bride is based in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, and they are really amazing at adhering to you makeup needs. They will give you a great makeup trial with tips on how to make it look natural as you wish! I've spoken with them because I am thinking about using them, and they understand and actually encourage a more natural makeup look!
  • scrumpchy78scrumpchy78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Danielle from the Make-up Loft --> I looked "like myself", just better. Very natural. She is great.
  • claudia326claudia326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Christine Martin :)

• IIm using Ellen B. Just had my trial on Sunday and wanted a very natural look. Ellen was WONDERFUL and I booked her for my wedding in May.

http://www.ellenbmakeup.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards