Ohio-Columbus

Venue Issues

picturesquexpicturesquex member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2013 in Ohio-Columbus
I read such good reviews about a venue on here but as the wedding draws closer it's been sort of a a huge hassle! I have been given 3 different wedding coordinators for the day of my wedding.I have had a different one at each of the 3 meetings i've had with them (My initial, the mid-point and the final). The first one was very very good and helpful- loved her! For some reason, something changed and I was given a different girl which I didn't mind because she was also very helpful. However, something changed again and i was just given ANOTHER coordinator and i'm not meshing too well with her. Additionally, I have to re-explain very sensitive issues every time i get a new coordinator (my father passing away). It's just getting to be very frustrating. this is very disappointing for me as this was the vendor i was most excited for :(!!!!!!! Do you think it would be uncalled for for me to request someone else to be my wedding coordinator? This last wedding coordinator was pretty rude and basically told me I will have to spend an extra 1,200 which was not in my budget and my wedding is next month! She also acted as though the signature drinks we chose FROM the list the previous wedding coordinator gave to us was a huge hassle and not do-able.  I knew things were going to smoothly! advice appreciated!

Re: Venue Issues

• I would talk to management about the constant staffing changes and then request a new coordinator if you don't like the one you have now.

Just be aware that it means you will have to go ever everything yet again with a new person.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • edited September 2013
    what is your venue? Is it possible to get back the former person or have they left and are working elsewhere? I would definitely request a different person not getting along with her at this point, I feel like I'd only have more problems on the day of my wedding. I thought that things were going really well with my coordinator and then it fell apart drastically on the day of the wedding and that was with feeling comfortable with him prior to then. Sorry you're having to deal with this. Good luck !
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Well I think the venue only had 3 coordinators. The first one left on maternity leave- not sure what happened to the second one. I was supposed to meet with her yesterday for the final meeting and she was like " so and so is actually going to be taking over the day of coordination for that weekend." It's just so very frustrating! That's my biggest fear- everything falling apart on the day of ESPECIALLY if we are not seeing eye to eye now. She was just very rude in the way she communicated with me. I certainly dont want my guests dealing with that!
  • See if #2 can chat with you on the phone (or go down there with a couple coffees) and just say, "I am hopeless, and losing it ... can you help me get a few things figured out?  Thank you so much!"

Good Luck

I hate stories like yours ... but ... I have high hopes that it will all be perfect for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards