Destination Weddings Discussions

Tahiti, Fiji, or Thailand?

Is anyone planning a wedding to any of these places? My fiance and I have decided to elope instead of having a wedding. We still want to have a ceremony - there just won't be anyone there except for us and the officiant and whoever is willing to be a witness! Any thoughts? I have already checked, and we will be able to be legally married in all three places. 

Thanks!

Re: Tahiti, Fiji, or Thailand?

• I considered Tahiti and Fiji for my DW. I ended up with Australia because I had already been to Tahiti five times and Fiji once. I had never been to Australia. We eloped- just the two of us- and had our photographer and and wedding coordinator be our witnesses. A lot will depend on budget and how much work you want to do to make the ceremony legal. Based on my research, Tahiti is more complicated than Fiji. Tahiti is a bit more picturesque, but a lot more expensive. Fiji also has some amazing private island resorts that have no more than 30 rooms, so it makes it a little more private. However, some resorts in Tahiti offer private motus for an extra free. Since I have been to those two places before, I can offer up some recommendations if you'd like. I can also go into more detail about our wedding (costs, planning, ideas, etc.) I got married on a private island along the Great Barrier Reef.

• @knotporscha. Advertising is not allowed on these forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards