Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When is the right time to pay vendors?

MNturnsVA member 9:45AM Hey ladies, the big day is just a week away! We owe the photographer a final payment & the DJ'S we hired, is owed payment in full. Is there a right/wrong time to pay them? We got a steal on our DJ'S but have heard very good things about them & they had agreed to do an unlimited time of service for us because we were referred to them through a friend of a friend. We have been planning on tipping them an extra $100 on top of what they are charging to show our appreciation for them being so gracious of their time & rate they've given us. Our photographer has also been very gracious & we found him an old fashioned camera to give him as a gift of appreciation. But we still owe him a balance. So when is it the right time to pay these vendors? The beginning of the day or the end of the day? Thanks! Quote · Love it REPLY TO POST

Re: When is the right time to pay vendors?

• Options
    When you post a question on more than one board, it is courteous to write XP in the header so people are not answering the same question multiple times.  
  • Options
    I would probably put checks in the mail on Monday.  Send them an email that your final payment is on the way.  And then provide the tips and gift to them, day of.  But for the camera you purchased your photog, is that your "tip" to him?  Do you know he will like it?  Just because he's a photographer doesn't mean he will care for the gift you have selected for him.  If you are set on sending that to him, I mail it to him after the wedding, so that you (or him) aren't carrying it around all day.
  • Options
    All of our vendors were paid before the day of the wedding. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I was under the impression that most vendors have a due date in their contract for payment.
  • Options
    What does your contract say?  All our vendors were paid before the wedding.  Most wanted payment a week to 10 days before.  They want to make sure you check cashes.  

They also want payment ahead of time to ensure they are not stiffed at the end of your wedding.  I've heard of a story "back in the day" of a couple trying to get out of paying the DJ because they didn't like the music they played.  
  • Options
    If the vendor's contracts/agreements don't outline this, either ask them directly or have payments ready for the day of.
  • Options
    MNturnsVA said:
    MNturnsVA member 9:45AM Hey ladies, the big day is just a week away! We owe the photographer a final payment & the DJ'S we hired, is owed payment in full. Is there a right/wrong time to pay them? We got a steal on our DJ'S but have heard very good things about them & they had agreed to do an unlimited time of service for us because we were referred to them through a friend of a friend. We have been planning on tipping them an extra $100 on top of what they are charging to show our appreciation for them being so gracious of their time & rate they've given us. Our photographer has also been very gracious & we found him an old fashioned camera to give him as a gift of appreciation. But we still owe him a balance. So when is it the right time to pay these vendors? The beginning of the day or the end of the day? Thanks! Quote · Love it REPLY TO POST
    Okay. First look at your contracts you signed with them. All of my venders are paid before the wedding. The majority wants 2 weeks before. The only exception is my actual venue where I can pay the day of or day before while setting up. I then pay the remaining (if extras show up) within 2 or so weeks after the wedding.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards