Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Leave your veil on after the ceremony?

Did you/do you plan on leaving your veil on for the whole wedding, or just the ceremony?   At what point did you take it off? 

Re: Leave your veil on after the ceremony?

• Options
    jenni1221 said:

Did you/do you plan on leaving your veil on for the whole wedding, or just the ceremony?   At what point did you take it off? 

I had a cathedral veil. I wore it for the ceremony, pictures, and first half of the reception (where we were still doing a few posed pictures).

After the majority of pictures were done...off with the veil!

• Options
    I don't think I will wear a veil, but if I did, I would only wear it during the ceremony and for some pictures.  
  • Options
    I took mine off after a few post-ceremony photos.  I knew I didn't want to wear it all night because A) it would bother the hell out of me and B) I didn't want to deal with people tugging on it while they were hugging me.

• Options
    I plan to take mine off after the posed pictures we will be taking after the ceremony.
  • Options

oh didn't even think of the tugging with hugging!

• Options
    I took mine off after most of the posed pictures - I then threw a funky hairpiece on that involved a beautiful organza flower and some cool feathery details!
  • Options
    I'm undecided about whether or not I'd like to wear a veil, but if I do, I'll definitely take it off for the reception. Like allispain did, I plan on having some sort of hairpiece because I wear them all the time, so it's very "me". 
  • Options

I wore mine I think until dinner. It was getting annoying and getting caught between me & the chair pulling my head back. Make sure it's in tight though because if you do a receivign line it will get tugged on when you get hugged which is annoying, but you'll get over it.

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013

I wore mine through cocktail hour and the first dances. Then I took it off.

ETA: mine was finger tip length with a blusher

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually hadn't considered my head getting yanked due to my veil!  And I was hoping to wear mine pretty much all day.

Time to rethink it!!
  • Options
    I took mine off about half way through the night
  • Options
    I haven't decided to take it off before or after the first dances. But once I take it off I have a lace headband (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/149498941?ref=fb2_tnx_title)  I am putting on!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I wore mine the entire night, mainly because I didn't even realize it was there, and I couldn't tell you how many (mainly older) people told me that they LOVED me wearing it all night and looking so bridal. It was a finger tip veil, so not too long or short.
  • Options
    I haven't decided to take it off before or after the first dances. But once I take it off I have a lace headband (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/149498941?ref=fb2_tnx_title)  I am putting on!
    Very nice!
  • Options
    After pictures I took it off. I just gets in the way. You want to enjoy your self and be able to dance and not worry. You may need a hair touch up after you take it off.
  • Options
    I plan on taking mine off after pictures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i'm leaning towards wearing mine for the whole night. it's not like i'll ever get to wear it again!
  • Options

Mine was yanked off almost immediately by people hugging me after the ceremony... if even showed up in a photo:

• Options
    When are you ever going to wear a veil again??? :) I am planning on wearing mine all day but reading these posts ill be sure to pin pin pin!!! I just bought mine today!

Did you buy it in a store or online?  If online, can you tell me where?   I've been looking online, just so many options, so I am looking for recommendations!
  • Options
    I took mine off after the picture because I have to change to another outfit.  Bought mine online.
  • Options
    jenni1221 said:
    When are you ever going to wear a veil again??? :) I am planning on wearing mine all day but reading these posts ill be sure to pin pin pin!!! I just bought mine today!

Did you buy it in a store or online?  If online, can you tell me where?   I've been looking online, just so many options, so I am looking for recommendations!
    I'm planning to wear mine all night too.  We're not having a full-out "reception" because we are getting married at the courthouse, but we are taking our guests out to dinner.  I wasn't going to wear a veil at all but I ultimately decided that this was going to be my one and only chance to wear one, so I went for it! I have just a single layer, elbow length veil.  I think it was actually a blusher, but I'm wearing it under my hair so it's a little longer in the back.
  • Options
    That thing will be coming off after the pictures after the ceremony.  There's no way I would be able to stand it during dancing at the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wore mine all day, but it was a birdcage - so tugging & hugging wasn't a problem =)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards