Pennsylvania-Central

Outdoor Wedding Venues Fall 2014

My fiance and I are looking into having an outdoor fall wedding next year but don't have a large budget. We would like a rustic barn/woodsy/outdoor location but every place we find is too expensive and requires you to use their own DJ/caterer/etc. We really are just looking for a location and use our own people. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Outdoor Wedding Venues Fall 2014

• I'm not sure where in Central PA you're looking at having your wedding, but Highland Vue Farms in Newville, PA matches what you're looking for in a venue. I have a friend who is getting married there and she said it's by donation only, so you chose how much you want to pay them (that's what she told me anyway, you should double check with them if you're interested).

https://www.facebook.com/HighlandVueFarms
  • Ahhh I forgot to mention that we are looking at Berks, Lancaster, Lebanon and Schuylkill counties...thank you for the suggestion though!
  • For future reference of other brides, I'm getting married at Highland Vue Farms next month, and it isn't by donation (at least any more) but the fee is really low, especially compared to other barns in the area. They're super flexible, I highly recommend them!
  • Try Pleasant View B&B (only seats 75) and also our venue - Armstrong Valley Winery.
  • The Farm at Eagles Ridge- Lancaster
    Stone Mill Inn- Hellam
    Landis Valley Museum- Lancaster (Probably the best bet)
    Iron Stone Ranch- Elizabethtown

• Alhough not a full on "venue" you could also consider local parks that have pavillions you can rent...of course that depends on just how "woodys" you want to get.  OtherwiseI think the ladies here have offered many great suggestions!
  • Whitetail Lodge. It's perfect for a woodsey, rustic location without the ridiculous price tage most of the rustic venues in the area charge. It was at the top of our list, but we found the owner to be a little hard to reach and I just felt uncomfortable with that aspect. That may have just been our experience, though, and I would still suggest checking it out!
  • Thanks for all the ideas! I will definitely be looking into these :)
  • My fiance and I were really interested in the Cork Factory Hotel only to find that its almost completely booked for all of 2014 already.  Does anyone know of a similar venue in the Central PA area - one that's in a remodeled warehouse, factory or historic building?  We'd be looking for something that could be up to 45 minutes from Harrisburg.  Thanks!
  • amberannbechtel, have you looked at the Carlisle Ribbon Mill?  It's a cool venue that is basically a rustic/industrial blank slate.  There are lots of photos online if you want to see how it looks decorated. 
  • Check out Riverdale Manor in Lancaster. They may be booked for fall, but definitely would fit your description. We are getting married there next August. It is beautiful, rustic, outdoor and indoor and reasonably priced. You use their catering company, but free to choose the rest of your vendors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards