September 2014 Weddings

Wedding dress trouble

Hi all! I will be getting married 9/13/14. I have been looking at wedding dresses for a few months and I feel like there is nothing I like. Can anyone let me know if they are having this same issue or how long it took to find the dress you love? Please help!

Re: Wedding dress trouble

• Have you tried any dresses on or just looked at pictures?

I was a little nervous about the whole thing - I fell in love with one online but was nervous because all those models are size 0's LOL!  When I went to the store & tried it on I didn't want to take it off. It was something I NEVER thought I would like either - all lace and beaded - but definitely not what I was expecting to like at all!

Sometimes the thing you least expect is perfect!

• I have tried on many and also tried on some that I have seen on the magazines. NOTHING is giving me that feeling. I have tried on every style and kept an open mind. I feel stuck right now. Not frustrated yet, but I might be there soon.

• You might not get "that feeling" when you find the right one...has any of them stuck in your mind?  Maybe if you keep thinking about one, or found a style that you keep trying to go wtih you may know what you want...waiting for the feeling might be whats keeping you from making a decision??  I fell in love with a Lazaro my first time out, but didn't want to spend that much, then I fell in love with a ball gown dress and kept looking at similar styles, I finally realized the ball gown made me feel like a bride and that I needed to just buy the first ball gown I tried on and go with it.  I didn't have the same feeling as the first Lazaro, but the ball gown made me feel like a bride and I'm happy with my decision...even if it didn't make me cry when I tried it on, lol.  Good Luck :)
  • I haven't gotten there yet...right now I'm viewing online pics to get an idea of what I want.
    my date is 9/14/14...so I think I have time....at least i hope.

Are you trying them on w/ makeup etc? maybe if your makeup and hair is done more than everyday wear but not quite wedding day makeup, maybe you'll get a better feel? or maybe stop looking for a few to renew and go at it again.
    You'll get there Ashine....good luck.
  • I bought my dress in May.  It was not exactly the style I had in mind but I loved it the minute I put it on!  Prior to that day, I had looked through hundreds of magazines and shopped at two different stores.  I found plenty of dresses that I thought I looked great in, but didn't get that special feeling I was hoping to have.

When I went to the salon I purchased my dress from, I had tried 6 or 7 gowns on before 'The One'.  We had a few more dresses selected and I wanted to see them all, but each time I just wanted to put 'The One' back on.  That's how I knew.  I just didn't want to take it off.  It wasn't at all like what you see on Say Yes to the Dress.  No tears, no big emotional yadda yadda.  Just wanted to wear it forever!

You will find a dress that makes you feel gorgeous and special, just be patient, keep shopping and listen to your gut.

• I have two dresses that are different that I keep going back to both but I think overall I'm looking for that gotta have it feeling. Not necessarily to cry. But I will definitely listen to my gut! Thanks!

• @Linn I haven't tried anything on with make-up and hair. I don't think that's why I'm not getting the feeling, but I will think about that and take it into consideration. Thanks!
  • Hi all, I have found my dress! Thanks for the insight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards