• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2013 Weddings

Weather blues :(

I know the forecast will probably change, but right now the potential weather for our day is getting me down :(

49* and 50% chance of rain. We have an outdoor ceremony, indoor reception. We have a backup for the ceremony, but I REALLY don't like it (it's a small church, and since we booked it as the backup they put new windows in. The windows have pot leaves etched on them...)
image Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weather blues :(

  • I have nothing to add other than I hope the forecast changes -  but - pot leaves on the windows????? What?!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

    image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

    snippet17simplykaylashaylagirl
  • I'm so upset, a few days ago it said it would 74 and sunny, now its going to be 63 and 40% chance of rain :(
  • i check the weather constantly but they havent posted for my day yet! i am super nervous as my ceremony and pictures are going to be outside and i really want a sunny day!! thats all i ask!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have nothing to add other than I hope the forecast changes -  but - pot leaves on the windows????? What?!

    Can't get out of quote box, but...

    Yup. When we initially reserved the church as a back up (1.5 years ago?) it wasn't that way. Then my FI was showing my mom our backup, and they noticed the windows. NOT happy! I feel that if we have to utilize the church (unfortunately that will probably be my reality as of right now) then we should get some sort of refund. I would have not used that for a backup if I knew they would be installing pot-windows.
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine was 57* and 60% chance of rain this morning, not it's up to 64* and 20% chance of rain - and it's this weekend! I won't trust the weather until I wake up in the morning to see what it is.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

    Daisypath Wedding tickers 

  • @hardlyhannah you are in WI right? I'm a MN bride (Twin Cities) and it's still looking like 49* and 50% rain. I KNOW it will change, but still majorly bummed. FI and I talked and he knows how sad I'll be if we get married in our backup (plus a church isn't my first choice, or second, to get married in). We thought with such a warm summer we'd be in the clear!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aww!! I've heard rain on your wedding day is good luck. We are expecting high temps of 100 degrees!! I'd take the rain :)

     

    Wedding Countdown Ticker

     

  • @EmilyTork - yup, Milwaukee here - it's been up and down for the past two weeks. What do the days before look like? I hope it shifts for you!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

    Daisypath Wedding tickers 

  • edited September 2013
    Indiana here - still nearly a month out (hooray end of the month!) but it's look like mid-50's, mostly sunny with some possible showers. Perfect weather for us.
    image
  • @hardlyhannah Rain Thursday (outdoor rehearsal probably not happening!), rain Friday, and rain Saturday. Dry as a bone Sunday. Geesh. 

    I really, really hope it moves through fast so Sunday's weather ends up being Saturday (but that means I'm pushing the rain on you.. Sorry!)
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've heard that you get the best pictures with an overcast sky :) Hopefully it's not too rainy for you though!
  • Here is Seattle, we are experiencing more rain and storms than usual (hard to believe right).  We even had a tornado touch down 6 miles from our house today, TOTALLY weird.  Hopefully we wake up with power in the morning, I didn't like being asked if I was okay all day due to lack of make up or preparation for the day :(  I hope everyone has the weather they want/expect for their big day!  I'm planning pictures to be taken with rain boots and umbrellas at this point :)
  • I just checked and mine will be 69 degrees with a shower. Not bad! We are getting married in downtown Indianapolis. 
  • 67* with 60% chance of showers - all day. At least it's warmer now.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

    Daisypath Wedding tickers 

  • Feel your pain.. haven't been on in since the beginning of our planning but came on because I know everyone else would be freaking out about weather. No one else seems to get it -- it sucks but I'm trying to remember we still have time for it to change AND all that is really going to matter that day is you are marrying the person you love.

     

    Freaking sucks though for pictures :( We are getting married in NJ with a view of NYC and all I have been dreaming about is that view at night from our reception venue.. and now you probably won't even be able to see it if this weather sticks :(

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies, for understanding the whining. Like @astago644 said, the important thing is marrying my best friend.

    I'm worried about contacting ALL guests about the venue change (we didn't want to announce it ahead of time because we thought it might confuse people and leave too much up for interpretation). FI said he would handle the whole guest list!!!! I will, as well as my mom, of course help, but its just that he is so understanding of my worries!

    Good thing is that the back-up is only 15 minutes away (really only option in our area) from the original spot. Or maybe, Mother Nature will smile down upon me and make it a nice day? :)
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i just found one site with the weather for my day and it says "considerable cloudiness" .. i'll take that over pouring rain anyday though. hoping for sunshine though! as my wedding is outside.

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Maryland.. it's supposed to be in the 80's and humid on Saturday.. though looks like the rain that was forecasted earlier this week has slowed down enough that we may not get any until late Sat night or even Sunday or Monday. I'll take it! (PS- we've had absolutely gorgeous weather here for the entire month of September.. 60's and 70's, dry and crystal clear. Of course it would turn crappy as soon as we hit October. :-p)
  • as of right now the weather for my wedding is 67* and sunny! lets hope it stays that way!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sunny and 74 here in Cali for me :)  

    Reminds me of the Joe Nichols song Sunny and 75, hehe

  • Ah, nvm, mine just went from a 30% chance of showers to a 70% chance of thunderstorms.
    So did mine! I just hope we can get some outdoor pictures :S
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards