Outdoor Weddings

Need Suggestions - True Garden Weddings in Tri-State Area???

Hi all, 

I really hope someone can help me out! I've been scouring the internet and magazines, polling family and friends, and basically grilling anyone who stands still long enough... I just can't find a promising venue. All I want is a garden area for the ceremony, and a reception that has indoor/outdoor capability (although I'd even be willing to compromise with an indoor-only reception.)  

However, I'm finding that ALL venues claim to have "gardens" - when I check them out, it's more like a tiny patch of landscaping! I want a REAL garden that looks like it was, ya know, supposed to be a garden. I'm looking for a formal/English/secret garden, but any actual garden will do. I'm getting so discouraged that nothing like this exists. I never thought this would be the hard part of wedding planning! 

If anyone has any suggestions in the CT, NY, PA, NY or DE area -- I would REALLY appreciate it!

Re: Need Suggestions - True Garden Weddings in Tri-State Area???

• You should try posting this on those local boards to get more area-specific responses. Would a botanical garden work?  Good luck!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    What is your budget if you don't mind me asking?

And what is your definition of a real "garden"? 
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks all! 

We decided on the Brantwyn Estate in DE. Eolia in CT definitely had gardens to die for, but something about Brantwyn really resonated with me (i.e. was crying) so there you have it. 

Thanks again for the suggestions! I visited A LOT of them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards