March 2014 Weddings
Options

Items purchased on Registry!!!!

I didn't go on to my registry to see if anything was purchased, I was only going on to add a crock pot as it seems that my almost 13 year old one has stopped cooking properly.  I wasn't expecting to see a few things purchased but OH MY GOD, it's so surreal.  I know that my bridal shower is being planned but I don't know when it is.  I've been told November, but I could have sworn I had heard October.  

Ok, I'm going to swear off looking at my registry after I add this crock pot.  Wish me luck!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Items purchased on Registry!!!!

• Options
    :-) EXCITING!
  • Options
    I think everyone is guilty of this. It IS exciting!! 
  • Options
    I think everyone is guilty of this. It IS exciting!! 
    It's insanely exciting.  To top it off, we had a package delivered here, by accident, and I decided to not even open it.  I called the person who ordered it (recognized the phone # on the shipping label) and she told me to bring it to my parents house.  It was taunting me from our back bedroom for about 3 days before I finally got it to my parents.  LOL.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • Options
    I am trying my hardest not to look at the registry, but tonight FI told me someone bought our china! My shower isn't a surprise; I know it's coming up next month. It's exciting, but I would like to be genuinely surprised when I open my gifts.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @silver0319 I know what you mean! My FI hasn't said anything or looked (that I know of).  He picked out our china and was super proud of himself when he did.  We already had one package sent here (by accident) and I have been dying to know what it is.  I don't know when my bridal shower is and no matter how many times I ask, I am told nothing.  I don't like "surprises" per say, but I'm sure I'll be surprised....even though I know that it's at my Aunt's house so if we show up there one day, I'll know....lol.  Unless, of course, they changed locations.  LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • Options
    Oh wow, y'all's showers are so soon. My shower won't be until January! I'm not even registered anywhere for anything yet. Which, I guess if my shower isn't until January, then there's no rush to register, right?
  • Options
    Winters here are unpredictable and my mom thought it would be best to do the shower before the holidays. Plus, it gives me time to properly write thank you notes without trying to manage addressing/sending wedding invites at the same time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Winters here are unpredictable and my mom thought it would be best to do the shower before the holidays. Plus, it gives me time to properly write thank you notes without trying to manage addressing/sending wedding invites at the same time.
    My sister, who is my MOH, wanted to know when I would like the shower.  I said October/November-ish before the holidays so that A)if there is bad weather, it's not super horrible and people can still come and B) it won't interfere with all the appointments that I have starting in late November/Early December for the wedding.  Not to mention, I would kind of like a few months of weekends where I'm not going ALL over the place for wedding stuff (showers and the like).  My planning is pretty much complete, with the exception of favors/bridal party gifts/invitations and some minor little things like shoes.  So, yea...having it in October/November is the best for us.  From what I know, it's in November.  I'm slowly seeing things purchased off my registry.  It's extremely hard not to look.  LOL. Now, if only someone would buy our china!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • Options
    Oh I live in Louisiana, lol... It's not uncommon for us to wear short sleeves and shorts to Christmas dinner, lol. We decided January to give people time after the holidays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards