October 2014 Weddings
Options

Finding A Church

My fiance and I are both very faithful people. That being said, we don't regularly attend any church. We've tried one in the past, but it wasn't what we were looking for and had wanted to find another. We just haven't gotten around to it, and now we're recently engaged. I would love a church wedding. My question is, is it crazy to think that we can find a church in the next month or so to be our church to regularly attend and then get married there next October? We are looking for a more contemporary church, either non-denominational or Baptist. Keeping in mind that I would need to reserve the church for the ceremony ASAP... do you think the church would go for that with us being new attendees?

Re: Finding A Church

• Options
    Find a few churches and set up meetings with the Pastor/Reverend/Priest and explain to them your situation. I'm sure they will understand and be able to give you guidance as well as if there are any requirements to marry in that church. 
  • Options
    I'd follow Jean0715's advice.  My fiance is Lutheran and I am Catholic, and we found a church from different sect of Lutheran faith to get married in!  You just have to talk to the pastor/priest/reverend and share your story.  Our pastor was just excited that we wanted to get married in a church.  We attend when we can (the church is 45 minutes from home and we work on sometimes).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards