Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Has anyone made their own fascintor?

I tried a headband style fascinator on when I tried my dress on and loved it. However, I didn't want to spend $100 on it because it seems cheaply made and I thought I could either buy one online or make one for a lot less. I bought a hair clip that I love and would like to disassemble and just use the jewel part, add it to a thin headband and add tulle to make a fascinator. I love the look of the fascinator and the clip I bought is pretty heavy (my hair is very fine and thin) so I think it would work better but I'm not sure how to make it or if I even can. I also want to wear my hair down and it doesn't curl easily so a headband style fascinator would be ideal. Has anyone ever made their own or know of a site that has inexpensive ones? I would be willing to give up on the clip and go with one purchased online if I could find a good deal. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has anyone made their own fascintor?

• I have made fascinators in the past for dancers (I was the costumer for a ballet studio).

You can do it, but I highly recommend testing it out first! Any embellishment that is too heavy will cause a headband to fall off or slide to the side. If the clip is large enough, though, you can hide hairpins under it that will help support its weight. Also, make sure you use a metal headband. Plastic ones crack far too easily.

If you are not much of a crafting person, I recommend Etsy. I got my engagment ring there and some of the crafters are really talented. This headband is only $26!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll

• Inkdancer said:
    I have made fascinators in the past for dancers (I was the costumer for a ballet studio).

You can do it, but I highly recommend testing it out first! Any embellishment that is too heavy will cause a headband to fall off or slide to the side. If the clip is large enough, though, you can hide hairpins under it that will help support its weight. Also, make sure you use a metal headband. Plastic ones crack far too easily.

If you are not much of a crafting person, I recommend Etsy. I got my engagment ring there and some of the crafters are really talented. This headband is only $26!
    I will definitely check Etsy. I used to be a seller there so I love it! I will check it out. I also have a friend who makes headbands and things for my daughter's cheer team. We were talking about it at practice and she offered to help. She has the metal headbands and she said she could take a look at the clip to see if it's too heavy. If it is, I will go with something else. My daughter and I want to match somewhat. Her's would just be a headband and mine would include the tulle. Thank you so much for the Etsy suggestion!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards