Wedding Party
Options

Jewelry for bridesmaids - need suggestions please!

Hi all,

I want to give my bridesmaids all a necklace and earrings to wear on my wedding day as part of their gift. 

Does anyone that has done this/is doing this have suggestions on where to look? I want jewelry that's decent quality at a good price. I can't afford super expensive stuff, but I don't want to give them $20 junk that's going to last just for the day... For example, a bunch of stuff in the knot shop and on the David's Bridal site is affordable, but the reviews make it seem really cheap.

I know you get what you pay for, but there has to be decent stuff that's not crazy expensive.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated! 

Re: Jewelry for bridesmaids - need suggestions please!

• Options
    katieluce said:
    Hi all,

I want to give my bridesmaids all a necklace and earrings to wear on my wedding day as part of their gift. 

Does anyone that has done this/is doing this have suggestions on where to look? I want jewelry that's decent quality at a good price. I can't afford super expensive stuff, but I don't want to give them $20 junk that's going to last just for the day... For example, a bunch of stuff in the knot shop and on the David's Bridal site is affordable, but the reviews make it seem really cheap.

I know you get what you pay for, but there has to be decent stuff that's not crazy expensive.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated! 

I suggest you let them wear whatever jewelry they want. Something to wear in your wedding is part of the uniform, not a gift. Shop for them each as individuals.

• Options

Ditto to PP. If you get them something to wear for the wedding, its not a gift. I wear basically the same jewelry everyday. If you gave me something to wear for your wedding, I would wear it and then it would disappear to the bottom of my jewelry tray.

But if you insist, try Bauble Bar

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bought them each a little something that's unique to each of their personalities but I wanted to buy them jewelry also (whether it's considered a "gift" or not - I say "gift" because I think anything someone else buys you and gives you is a gift).
    Anyway, I want them all to wear the same jewelry because I was at a wedding recently and all the girls wore totally different necklaces and earrings, one a heavy gold set, one a diamonds/crystals set, and one jewelry matching the color of the dress - it looked terrible and very uncoordinated. My fiance even noticed it and he's not fashion forward at all...
    Anyway, my girls are already wearing slightly different dresses and I want the jewelry to kinda unify them.
  • Options
    As a former BM, I would prefer being able to pick out my own jewelry. That being said, if you're going to get them all matching jewelry, why not wait until Black Friday and hit up a department store?
  • Options
    That's good it's not your only gift! If you are going to get them jewelry too (definitely optional; most weddings the BMs wear their own jewelry and it looks lovely) I'd first check in about metal allergies and strong likes/dislikes. For example, one of my BMs will not wear jewelry because her husband doesn't like her too. I think that's ridiculous, but wouldn't cause trouble by forcing her. Please don't force anyone to wear jewelry if they don't want to!

Once you know your limitations, start with etsy. If you want some of them to rewear it, avoid initials or birthstones and generally keep it simple. Avoid "silver coated" or "gold filled" pieces; they will fall apart. I'd go with solid sterling silver if everyone can wear it. There should be lots of reasonably priced options.

There is also a store near me named Charming Charlie that a lot of people like; I think it may be a chain. My MOH actually requested that I get everyone matching jewelry there, but it wasn't in-budget.

• Options
    I second Charming Charlie if you're going to go that route.

If you're just worried about clashing jewelry looking distracting, you can always see if your BMs are willing to all wear the same color jewelry of their own. For example, all white gold/silver or all yellow gold.

I honestly couldn't tell you what jewelry any of my BMs wore except for one who wore an awesome necklace that I remember only because she showed it to me that morning and asked if I was okay with her wearing it or not.
  • Options
    I second etsy. You could always pick a couple styles and ask your BMs which they prefer.

I also picked out jewelry for my maids to wear day of the wedding, since they are wearing different dresses, but they are not paert of their gifts.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I can't wear any cheap jewelry.  I am allergic to nickel and it is even in some higher end jewelry.  It is also a common allergy.  Can't you just tell your girls to wear some silver jewelry?  They can still pick out their own or wear what they have. 

I did get my BMs jewelry.  But I got them each a pendant that was suitable to their own style.  It was also not meant to be worn at the wedding.  My sister and niece did wear the pendants I got for them, but it was never a requirement.
  • Options

I wouldn't give jewelry as a gift...if they have to wear it on wedding day it isn't.  And if it's not something they have to wear that day, it's tricky, since everyone has their own style.  If you have to do matching jewelry, go to Macy's or another department store on a big sale day and buy them something simple but high quality. 

For me personally, I couldn't imagine spending less on a bridesmaid gift than the bridesmaid spent on my wedding (dress, hair, makeup, bridal shower). 

• Options
    katieluce said:
    I bought them each a little something that's unique to each of their personalities but I wanted to buy them jewelry also (whether it's considered a "gift" or not - I say "gift" because I think anything someone else buys you and gives you is a gift).
    Anyway, I want them all to wear the same jewelry because I was at a wedding recently and all the girls wore totally different necklaces and earrings, one a heavy gold set, one a diamonds/crystals set, and one jewelry matching the color of the dress - it looked terrible and very uncoordinated. My fiance even noticed it and he's not fashion forward at all...
    Anyway, my girls are already wearing slightly different dresses and I want the jewelry to kinda unify them.
    I have to call BS on this.  Two people standing next to each other do not have to coordinate.  Once you get this uniform stepford bridesmaid idea out of your head, you will realize that it did not look terrible.  It looked like they were individual people.  

Matching jewelry is over the top controlling.  If you want to pay for it, fine, but you need to make sure you're getting something that everyone can wear, and you need to understand that it isn't a gift, just as the bouquet isn't a gift.  Try department stores for nicer stuff.  
  • Options
    Some people are allergic or have sensitive skin and can't wear anything that has nickel or other cheaper metals.  Find out if your BMs have those types of allergies/sensitivities.
  • Options
    If you are going to buy your BM's jewelry (separate from their gift), try Etsy. Pretty reasonable prices and some nice pieces. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards