North Carolina

Looking for a venue that is 'us'

Hi!

We're looking to get married in NC (hopefully in or around our hometown of Raleigh, NC) in September of 2014.  But we're having trouble finding 'the one'.  

We're a young, sporty couple, but I cannot see myself getting married in a barn (even though we attended a gorgeous barn wedding in May,) and I think we're looking for a cool, but affordable venue.  A place that we can drive by for years to come and be like "wow, that was SO neat!" If anyone has any insight, please let me know!  I am having a blast looking, but I'm ready to find the one!

Re: Looking for a venue that is 'us'

• What venues have you looked at so far but have decided not to use?
  • It will depend on how many people you plan on inviting. That ruled out a lot of places we loved in the Raleigh area.
  • So we've looked at Cobblestone, which just seemed kind of pricey for what you got, the Stockroom, Top of the Hill, Cardinal Hall, and none have seemed us.  We are looking to invite about 135 people for a ceremony and reception. 
  • What about Haywood Hall, University Club, Cafe Luna, Marbles or other museums downtown?
  • I'm getting married in October 2014 at Lake Wheeler about 20 minutes from the heart of downtown Raleigh. We are having the ceremony and reception there and then we are all staying at the Holiday Inn on Hillsborough St in downtown Raleigh. It was easy and not too expensive to arrange transportation to and from the hotel, but we will have between 40 and 50 guests. And also, the guy in charge of booking and organizing the rental of the facilities is very nice and helpful and the staff is doing a lot for us on the day of our wedding. Bonus: they have chairs and tables and will set up/break down and clean before, during, and after the event. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards