Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Directions Insert

Hello!

I'm having a pocket style invitation -- are you supposed to provide the directions to the church, to the reception, or to both on the directions insert?

Thanks!!

Re: Directions Insert

• Options

I dont think you need a direction insert, I assume most people will use their phones for directions. If you want one then I would only have directions from the ceremony to the reception.

Its hard to give directions to the ceremony since you wont know where all your guests are coming from.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You can, but you don't have to include it. Perhaps a map, if you think the location will be difficult to find. A map is particularly helpful if the parking lot is hidden or accessed by a route different from the location address when searching on Google, etc.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Some elderly guests don't even know what map quest is.  If any of the venues might cause the guests issues when driving to them, I think it would be nice to provide a map or printed directions.  As an example, my cousin's reception venue was down this winding country road and even with the map that came with the invitation we kept thinking "Are we going the right way?" but we kept driving and eventually got there.
  • Options
    Our venue gave us direction cards so we are going to put them in the invitation, as well as the hotel block info that the hotel gave us.  We too are going with the pocket style so that when guests open the invitation everything doesn't fall over the place.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

I dont think you need a direction insert, I assume most people will use their phones for directions. If you want one then I would only have directions from the ceremony to the reception.

Its hard to give directions to the ceremony since you wont know where all your guests are coming from.

Assuming people will use phones is not a good assumption to make.  Some don't have phones or GPSs that can do this; others are tech-phobic (like my BF's mother); others for whatever reason won't do this.

I can't use my phone for directions-it doesn't work, and as it's a hand-held phone that I can only hear when I'm holding it up to my ear and I live in a state where it is illegal to use a hand-held device while driving, this is not a "solution" for me at least. Other guests may be in the same situation.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I like the print out map idea!
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    KatWAG said:

Assuming people will use phones is not a good assumption to make.  Some don't have phones or GPSs that can do this; others are tech-phobic (like my BF's mother); others for whatever reason won't do this.

I can't use my phone for directions-it doesn't work, and as it's a hand-held phone that I can only hear when I'm holding it up to my ear and I live in a state where it is illegal to use a hand-held device while driving, this is not a "solution" for me at least. Other guests may be in the same situation.
    Right, but you could also go find directions on your own before the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    ashleyep said:
    Jen4948 said:
    KatWAG said:

Right, but you could also go find directions on your own before the wedding.
    It's still not a good idea to assume guests will do this-especially ones who are not tech-savvy.  Assuming makes an ass out of you and me, as they say.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards