Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Wedding Helper Gifts

I'm getting married in a month.  It's a second wedding for both of us so it's a smaller affair.  We are paying for it, however I have a couple friends & cousins helping me with the details.  I'd like to get them a gift as a thank you. 

They aren't bridesmaids, just helping with the decorations, details and keeping  me stress free.  We are all in our late 30s and early 40s.  So cutesy little bridesmaid gifts just don't fit.  Cost is also a bit of a factor, but I don't want them to think they aren't appreciated. 

I am so clueless as I never had a "real" wedding the first time so I didn't buy gifts.  I've done internet searches, but wine glasses, lockets and pearl earrings aren't exactly what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions or direction would be GREATLY appreciated. 

Re: Wedding Helper Gifts

• Options
    Shop like its their birthday. Nothing wedding related. If you're still stumped, maybe a gift card to eat out/favorite store.

Anniversary
  • Options
    It doesn't have to be wedding related - in fact the best gifts are probably NOT wedding related. If they like music, get them concert tickets or an iTunes gift card. If they like coffee, a mug and gift card to their favorite coffee shop. If they're a foodie, maybe a basket with jam/cheese/crackers/spreads. You get the idea. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

I would love a gift card to Starbucks, or to the mall, or my favorite store along with a nice card and note.

At this point, I'd also dig a charm for my Pandora bracelet (if they wear those).

• Options

This is a really nice idea. 

I agree with PP about giftcards and shop like for a birthday.  A bottle of wine is another idea.  

For the women that threw my shower I sent them a Cheryl's cookie card http://www.cheryls.com/cheryls-cookie-greeting.  Cheryl's also has some samplers that come up several times a year.  For a limited time they have a Halloween one for $9.99 (shipping included) or for $9.99 you can get a mini bundt (search "9.99" for both).  They also have a $7 sampler that you can search under "free" and a bundt cake search under "bundt." 

A handwritten thank you is the perfect thing to include with any of these.  When I sent Cheryl's I sent my handwritten thank you separately.

• Options
    Thank you everyone.  Great ideas.  I'm so overwhlemed right now I completely forgot I posted this question.  Appreciate everyone's insight and I think I'll plan exactly what was suggested.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards